Captains Night 5/1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night 5/1

Anyone familiar with our rules is welcome to join us tonight at 7PM Central for a curated, password-protected event (I'll post the server name and password in this thread just before 7PM Central). Here is a rundown of the event:

Fellowship:
    During Captains Night, use the player name by which TGNS regulars best know you. Captains Night is a special time to come together with known regulars and friends.

Playing BOTH Rounds:
    Don't play unless you can reliably stay for the entire map (mid-map emergency? tell your team and bail. dinner and/or friends showing up does not an emergency make).

This expectation is important to participants, and admins protect it.

Taking a Break:
    Each map begins with a two-minute break for food, bathroom, and fellowship. Except for these breaks, don't AFK during the event.

After each break, the Captains are identified for the current map.

Becoming a Captain:
    TGNS regulars known to participants are invited to Captain and personalize team selections on Captains Night.

Opting In:
    Player opt-ins open up once both Captains are ready. If you miss the opt-in window for a given map, speak up and we'll get you playing on the next map for sure (if not immediately).

Selecting Teams:
    As team selections begin, listen for instruction. Only Captains speak during team selection -- text chat is always available to everyone (and, of course, voicecomm opens up to all players once teams are formed).

Gameplay:
    Captains Night is everyone's curated opportunity to apply our most satisfying teamwork, communicative tactics, and great fellowship. Try your hardest, but have fun together!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Captains Night 5/1

Don't know if I'll be able to make it tonight, but hopefully I'll be able to get a long enough break to jump in for a game. Good luck and have fun for all those who do get in tonight in any case!

Comment

We'll play on Taunt tonight. Password is tgns3100.

Remember: share this thread, but not the password. We want folks knowing what they're getting into. Thank you!

Also: Make sure you're opted into FullSpec if you're ever having problems joining a full server.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Fun games tonight, all. Thanks to everyone for playing!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X