Experiment 5/24-5/31: FullSpec for *all* Primer Signers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiment 5/24-5/31: FullSpec for *all* Primer Signers

I carefully designed FullSpec as opt-in, as players by default expect to be able to play if they're allowed to join.

Meanwhile, spectating is VERY popular, some regulars don't even know about FullSpec, and some of you have told me since I launched FullSpec that you're surprised it requires opt-in at all.

So, for the last week of May, we're going to experiment such that any player who has signed the Primer will be allowed to join the full server even if Spectator slots are all that's available.

The admins will carefully observe if and how it affects fellowship, population, and overall satisfaction among everyone on the server throughout the week.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Experiment 5/24-5/31: FullSpec for *all* Primer Signers

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
    any player who has signed the Primer will be allowed to join the full server even if Spectator slots are all that's available.

The admins will carefully observe if and how it affects fellowship, population, and overall satisfaction among everyone on the server throughout the week.
    This experiment slipped through the cracks and never happened.

It's going to be in place for the next week. Anyone who has signed the Primer will be able to join the server when Spectator slots are all that's available.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This experiment proved pain free. The game server will continue to allow all Primer signers to join the server when teams are full, regardless of the Primer signer's FullSpec setting. I've documented same on the FullSpec page, which I've removed from the Portal's main navigation (there's now a link to it on the Servers page).

Comment

Unchanged: connection is refused when no Spectator slots are available.

If someone sees a defect in this that's not explained by client connection times, let me know.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X