Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ns2_Derelict Teaser Video has been Released.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Ns2_Derelict Teaser Video has been Released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_4...ature=youtu.be

Re: Ns2_Derelict Teaser Video has been Released.

I blinked, and then it was over.

Comment

NS2 is getting an update? Woo! Here's to hoping its not the next eclipse or kodiak...
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

My old theory was that everyone hates the newest "official" map until another new map replaces it, then the old newest map isn't so bad anymore. But eclipse and kodiak (both being so unpopular at the same time) broke that pattern and now I don't know what to think anymore.

Comment

My theory is this:

- Eclipse failed because it stuck SO close to the original NS1 version. There's not a whole lot of places for you to gain alternate access like there is on other popular maps (summit, tram, veil). I've had some good games on eclipse, but they're significantly harder to earn than putting in the same amount of effort and comfortably winning on other maps. It's still a bit sad this map didn't take off, its one of the best looking maps in the game visually IMO. It's also a shame that eclipse failed so hard where veil (the other NS1 map) remains highly popular. That might also have something to do with it being released early and getting heavy playtime during the peak of NS2 activity, and overall being a fun map to play despite it being predictable. I remember getting excited watching its development progress on the NS2 forums before UWE picked it up.

- Biodome was a new map, and even my first few rounds of the map I enjoyed it because of its visual style and its similarity to summits layout. It still remains fairly popular.

- Kodiak was a custom map at heart, and despite lots of hard work by Loki, its heavy foliage turned off a lot of players. Jambi is more well known but didn't make the official cut, likely due to its visual quality not being to high enough of a standard.

Hoping this new map is mega-popular.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

A little insider hint, derelict will be liked. It is a good map that does not try to do anything new like kodiak did, or to a lesser extent eclipse. And yes Aeroripper, an update is comi

Comment

We've played an early version of derelict on the server too, and I believe fun was had by all except for the giant grey-box room sight lines. I'm looking forward to playing on the fully detailed one, should be even better.
              remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X