Bots mode suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots mode suggestion

After 6 marines join, allow a second player controlled alien. Why 6, because 2 aliens + 12 marines is the required 14. 6 marines should be able to easier defend against an extra player controlled alien.

Example: Lost phantom was force on to my alien team during a bots mode and it was much more fun trying to defend as aliens. For marines it was more fun because it was slightly more challenging. As aliens we were still stuck in our base, but we were fighting off arc rushes with dual onos. It was constant and it was fun.

Re: Bots mode suggestion

Agreed, or maybe this alternative (feel free to disregard):

- With <6 players, players can only join marines and one player can join aliens, he can only khamm or gorge.
    - Lifeform choices are restricted to khamm or gorge. You spawn in a gorge egg every time.
    - Once they're >6 players on the server, 1 more slot opens for aliens. They can only khamm or gorge.

That might create some interesting battles between potentially 2 gorges clogging up areas to keep marines out and doing other gorge stuff.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I personally am not a fan of the only gorging. Lost and I were having a heck of a time defending against those arcs. It was almost like playing a tower defense game, because arcs were just rolling into the base from both sides one by one, with another arc only 30 feet or so behind any given arc. That and fighting off exos and marines while we did it made it only possible with two onos. It was lots of fun.

You could argue that the marines should of just killed the hive, and we start a real round because we were sitting at 10-13 players for awhile as what I described happened. It was just taking awhile to get to 14. Or instead start another bots round if that is what people wanted.

Comment

I would be less likely to play on aliens during bots if my lifeforms were restricted to gorge only.

Bad enough having the lifeform eggs disabled like they are. :)

Comment

I've not restricted lifeforms, but I've allowed the second Alien player once Marines have 6+. We'll see how this goes.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks wyz. Should be fun.

Comment

Might I recommend restricting it in some way if the ratio drops to below 6 players on marines? 4 marines against 2 onos is really no fun the marine side. It is too easy to lose base after base to a single onos. (Each one hits a different base at the same time) This tends to make marines leave the server, which is the exact opposite of what we want to happen during bots mode.

Comment

Yes. I'll adjust soon. Thank you!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It really depends, I know I've played 1 on 1 M:A players or 2 on 1 and marines have a much harder time getting started since the 4-8 bots keep the marines from expanding very quickly while the 1 alien khamm is able to take most of the map. If you have more marine players to start it can even it out or overpower the alien bots pretty easily, but I've seen quite a few games which started small end up filling the server, but become frustrating for marines since they can't make headway against the fully cysted and lamed-up map and at least in those situations a 2nd alien provides a easy win for aliens, maybe along with the 6 marine player restriction for the 2nd alien there should be a timer so that if someone wants to go alien they would need to wait some amount of time first. Alternatively it may be fine to have that 2nd alien player from the start so long as not too many bots are added.

Comment

I've reduced the speed of the Onos in bot games when fewer than 6 Marines are playing. I've displayed a message to Onos players stating as much.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X