No Captains Night 6/26, and a moment of silence, please, for my SSD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Captains Night 6/26, and a moment of silence, please, for my SSD

My Intel X25-M SSD died this week. Annoying data loss, but nothing serious. Replacement arrives this weekend (Samsung EVO this time; and did you guys know that Amazon is starting to deliver on Sundays now?!).

The other admins are all busy, so no Captains Night tonight.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: No Captains Night 6/26, and a moment of silence, please, for my SSD

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
    My Intel X25-M SSD died this week. Annoying data loss, but nothing serious. Replacement arrives this weekend (Samsung EVO this time; and did you guys know that Amazon is starting to deliver on Sundays now?!).

The other admins are all busy, so no Captains Night tonight.
    That is really sad. Was looking forward to it.

About time to get a modern ssd.

Comment

I've got a CrashPlan sub just in case this happens to me. I've been pretty happy with the program so far but I haven't got to the point where I need it yet.
      I actually back up the data from my SSD to another internal HDD as well as to the cloud, just in case. The data on the HDD is also to the cloud, but the SSD is the mission critical stuff which is why I have a local backup as well.
      remi.D

Comment

I have over 2TB in CrashPlan Central (very happy), and I'm a free backup destination for multiple Friends, but I design my system disk to be expendable without warning (I'm pretty good at this point, but this was more practice/experience).
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Oh, nice. :)
          I'd like to hear more about your setup some time. All my active work is on my system disk (on my Desktop) which is not ideal, but as its my only SSD... it is fast.
          remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X