Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did 275 change the overview map animation framerate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did 275 change the overview map animation framerate?

In 275, my overview map (large map; C bind) seems to be consistently animating with fewer FPS than it did in 274. That is, things which move on the overview map (players, arrows, etc) move with about half as many drawings per second as they did in 274. The rest of my game's framerate seems unchanged in 275.

275 and Win10 released on the same day. I purposefully delayed my Win10 upgrade by 24 hours so that I could observe 275's changes on my gameplay experience and knowledgeably differentiate between 275 and Win10 as introducers of change. I'm certain I observed thread's topic in 275/Win7 before I clean-installed Win10 (and it continues in Win10).

My eyes are having quite a difficult time adjusting to the new draw rate of my overview map. It's a distraction to my cadence. I was wondering if anyone had any relevant information or helpful suggestions?

To be clear, I'm all for someone telling me that nothing has technically changed with how 275 renders the overview map (I read the 275 changelog and don't recall anything), but I can't help observing what I'm seeing, and I'm really hoping I can find some kind of remedy.

If not, I'll get used to it. It's just such a strange thing to experience, especially given my assumption that I'm making it up.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: did 275 change the overview map animation framerate?

There was a change and it was in the changelog. "Improved GUIMinimap performance." But it appears that the issue you are describing is unintentional and may be fixed.

Comment

The issue was intentional. You described it perfectly. The minimap is updated at a lower Hz than it used to be doing. You might be able to use the 'hud_rate' console command to speed it up, but this will cause all your UI to run at a higher Hz.

If the CDT gets complaints about this, like this, though, the Hz will be increased. It's meant to be run as slow as possible without the difference being noticeable.
      remi.D

Comment

Had any luck with your crashing issues on Win10 Wyz? I've being having a few graphics anomalies (screen goes black, comes back and getting "driver crashed" message) with Win10 myself. Fortunately NS2 hasn't had any issues yet.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
          The issue was intentional. ... It's meant to be run as slow as possible without the difference being noticeable.
          Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          I'm really hoping I can find some kind of remi.D.
          Ya see what I did there? I crack myself up sometimes...

Great! I'll give it some more time, to see if the new rate grows on me. If not, I'll check out hud_rate. If I'm still unhappy after all that, I'll be sure to let CDT know, for what one report is worth.

Thank you!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
            Had any luck with your crashing issues on Win10 Wyz? I've being having a few graphics anomalies (screen goes black, comes back and getting "driver crashed" message) with Win10 myself. Fortunately NS2 hasn't had any issues yet.
            After my clean OS install (Win10 x64 Enterprise), I took NVidia's (latest) 353.62 driver for my GTX 760. I had the behavior you describe, both in and out of NS2, and (in both scenarios), both with and without recoveries (sometimes, only my tower's reset button would recover the box).

Friday night, mid-Captains Night, I downloaded and clean installed 353.30 (latest-1). It did not prompt me to reboot, so I mistakenly decided a reboot unnecessary. I returned to Captains Night and had the same problematic behavior in my display/stability. I gave up for the night and went to the new Mission Impossible movie (super fun, btw).

Saturday morning, I thought I'd install the proper drivers for my monitor (seemed unnecessary, but, with no errors in Event Log to go on, I was grasping at straws). I went to Device Manager to learn my monitor's model number, only to discover my graphics device in an errored state. I was told I needed to reboot for the new drivers (353.30) to take effect.

I rebooted Saturday morning, which applied 353.30 to my system, and I've been completely stable ever since. I played 4+ hours last night w/o problem.

Edit: to be clear, I never installed drivers for my monitor.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X