People exploiting hive score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People exploiting hive score

I joined a random server off a friend, it wasn't a TG server, though there was one guy who was leaving the server and rejoining if you killed his lerk or the team was loosing. He did this 3 games in a row or every game I saw him on. While it was annoying, what made it really annoying was the basic shuffle/balance mod that server was running would balance the teams in a way that would negatively effect the team he was on. I have never seen anyone with a 3000 hive score, though he was at 4000. While I think hive scores can be overrated, if the server is using it for a balance it can be very annoying.
    Lights Out!

Re: People exploiting hive score

You're playing on the wrong server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yes, you were on the wrong server.

That is one of several known exploits of the hive skill system.

Comment

hive score is really broken IMO, not only due to exploits (though thankfully not allowed here) but because the calculation according to the forum thread where it was being explained is supposed to allow a max change of 40... yet in numerous rounds over the past weeks I've seen 50,60,80,100 and 200 point changes for a single round (in my case mostly negative). I honestly would be happier if we just turned off hive reporting for our server. Most good games can be enjoyed whether won or lost, but, knowing that score is out there - even if I'm not looking at it means I start to get upset after a few losses which not only impacts my own enjoyment but that of the team I'm playing with.

Comment

I've never once cared what my hive score was/is. I recommend it. You don't need a number to tell you where you stand, and the numbers will never create particularly impressive balance.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X