switch teams easily with all chat: "switch"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch teams easily with all chat: "switch"

Anyone wanting to switch teams may now type "switch" in all chat. When players on opposing teams both type it, they'll both take each other's place immediately. This gives a task to players complaining about the side they've landed on.

Only works pre-game.

I haven't put throttles on it. I might, if folks don't self-regulate. I haven't designed this to improve balance, so hopefully it won't do too much to harm it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: switch teams easily with all chat: "switch"

Oh, and...

If you've chatted 'switch', you can chat 'switch' again to withdraw your request and remain on your team.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Used this last night for the first "real" time. Super easy and worked brilliantly.

Comment

Can I activate this by saying "switch?"
        (With the semantics of a request rather than a command, so in triggering the feature, I am also asking for a volunteer.)
        remi.D

Comment

When you chat 'switch', one of two things happens: you're switched, or an automated announcement invites reciprocal chats. Have you seen it?

To keep things simpler, I chose the same input whether you're coming or going. Indeed, the input isn't really meant to be tied to coming or going, per se, but with your willingness to switch teams if anyone else cares to. The idea is that you can have no idea what the state of other players is, and you just chat 'switch' and you're done. If you get switched, fine. If not, fine.

Since deployment, I've imagined a potentially problematic scenario wherein you chat 'switch' without a response, then plan with your original team, then get a volunteer such that you're suddenly on the other team despite knowing your original team's plans. So, I might time box request lifespans. I've kept the mod's design very simple to start, and I'm waiting to see which imagined scenarios actually become problematic.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse