Extra time needed before each round for resolving existential crises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra time needed before each round for resolving existential crises

A Marine appears on an Infantry Portal. Is it really him/her, or just a soulless copy of the real person several sectors away? Reading of Kafka and/or Camus ensues.

One bright marine proposes: "The Commander is responsible for leading the team, and thus constitutes the 'soul' necessary to motivate Marines even if they themselves are husks devoid of purpose. The team is more than the sum of its parts."

His colleague rebuts: "However, considering the commander himself appeared through an Infantry Portal, how can he claim to be the soul of the team if he himself is a soulless automaton?"

Not addressed out loud but considered by all, is that the source person for this respawn may in fact themselves have been a copy of some prior original. This threatens a finite but potentially lengthy regress back to someone in the core systems.

I don't understand how the Marines avoid getting bogged down in existential arguments each round. I therefore propose further time allocated to resolving such things as the mind-body duality problem before each round. A simple mod that starts the round once consensus has been reached on these important fundamental issues would suffice.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Florp
    Last edited by Florp Incarnate; 12-16-2015, 10:49 PM.

Re: Extra time needed before each round for resolving existential crises

Nanites!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have copied to #modding-ns2-public (Discord), in hopes that you may find a willing mod author.
      remi.D

Comment

My shrink says i need an outlet for my aggression...
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...