No Rookies Comming doesn't block till game starts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Rookies Comming doesn't block till game starts

Wanted to be adventurous and train a half-rookie to comm again. Let him in at first and game started, then hopped out to build and wouldn't let them back in.

Re: No Rookies Comming doesn't block till game starts

Hrm. It shouldn't have let him in at all (for better or for worse). I'll see if I can figure that out. Seems like it used to function such that they were never allowed in.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Looks like this code was only preventing rookies from commanding when there were four or more rookies on the team? That doesn't seem correct, based on my observation as a player, but that's what my own code suggests, and it would certainly explain our confusion.

Regardless, I've updated the code to apply to following logic:

A rookie will be prevented from commanding only if both of the following conditions are true:

) rookie has fewer than 20 games on TGNS (this allow community regulars to command if/when NS2's design creates misinformation around their rookie status)

) more than 2 (a la "3 or more") teammates are alive

That second condition has always been designed to allow the struggling team, mid-game, to throw a rookie in the chair during crisis (because no rookie should be deprived the wonderful experience of an entire team screaming at them by name to both competently and urgently assume a role they're yet woefully unprepared to actually take on...).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Of course, I guess that has nothing to do with pre/post game start. Let me see if NS2 has changed such that I need to hook a different event or something.

Comment

No. It looks like the event I've always hooked is still firing in 279 both pre and post game start when anyone tries to get in any command structure, so let's see if the logic change that I've made creates a more consistent experience for everyone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X