squads and nameplates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squads and nameplates

Oh, speaking of gameplay identity, can you please remove the (Squad #) text in the nameplates if the scoreboard fields are used? I use the nameplates to identify people quickly, and the Squad text adds a lot of unnecessary noise to the screen. Any time people have been using the squad # functionality on marines I have been asking that they immediately remove it, for this reason.
    remi.D

Re: gameplay prerequisite: persistent identity

I think having the squad numbers only on the scoreboard should be sufficient. If squads are being used its easy enough to see who is in your squad from the scoreboard.

Do people use the marine squad functionality? I only see it used sometimes during a captains game to setup the initial split.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Re: squads and nameplates

I've created this thread from the two posts above, which originally followed this post

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...06#post1876906

and are out of scope to that thread.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'll get this done.

I'd love to find another use for the circles functionality/realestate on the Marine team, as the "squads" adoption has been underwhelming at best (and THAT is out of scope of THIS thread, so create a new thread for that if you have any bright ideas! :) ).
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Maybe we could add cardinal directions or clockwise/counter-clock to squad numbers?

So the options would be:

Commander
          Clockwise
          Counter-clockwise
          Center (for hub lane on tram and such)
          Squad 1
          Squad 2
          Squad 3

That way we cut the number of options in half (no one uses 10 squads)
          and the icons actually can show better/more useful info.

Splits would be easy that way. Pressure team could be assigned a squad number, but other than that people could use the arrow icons to indicate splits... and commander could be indicated as well (just like aliens)
          remi.D

Comment

Some random brainstorming to consider:

- Make the marine squads work similar to alien life form planning. Gun preference is chosen, along with combo icons like JP/shotgun and exo. There's also a commander icon. It may be useful to get players planning to buy a shotgun at round start since many players forget about them.

Would this be useful to anybody or are squads better?

- Reduce the number of available squads (1-5) and add a commander squad icon for comm planning.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I don't think planning to buy a shotgun is important at game start. Mines would be a better argument, but only if that's the first thing the commander researches.

Anything past a minute into the game seems irrelevant to show on the scoreboard for marines because those decisions are far more dynamic than on the alien team.
              remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                (and THAT is out of scope of THIS thread, so create a new thread for that if you have any bright ideas! :) ).
                Haha, I had already started writing the post including my bright ideas before you posted this!
                remi.D

Comment

Do Squads by colors, and use the skulk parasite player outline in the corresponding color, you could even do the font of their name in that color as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X