• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build 297 new strategies

A new update released:

UPDATE DETAILS

Tweaks / Improvements

Shadow Fade model/skin has been released to all Shadow Tier players and is available in the NS2 Item Store

Exosuit changes – Dualies for All!
    Base Exo research now unlocks dual gun exos, and does not require two Command Stations to purchase
    Dual exo personal resources cost reduced from 60 to 45, and Claw exos have been removed (used to be 40 res)
    Dualies now move faster (same speed as claw Exos of the same type)
    Exos now only gain 30 extra armor per armor upgrade, instead of 45
    Minigun ROF doubled, but damage reduced by 55% (per bullet) and changed to Normal damage type
    Railgun damage changed to normal type
    Ejecting from an exo when you have a jetpack will now grant you a quarter tank to fly away with

Alien Commander ability changes
    Contamination now spews Bile briefly when initially placed (equal to two bile bombs)
    Rupture now Parasites anything in its effect radius
    Reduced the view-blocking visuals by 40%
    Rupture charge time decreased by 42% (was 3s now 1.25s)
    Increased Team Resources cost to 3 (was 2)
    Increased cooldown time to 4 seconds (was 2 seconds)

Grenade Changes – Guaranteed Explosions!
    It now costs 2 personal resources to buy 1 grenade (previously it was 3 for 2)
    If you die after pulling the pin or while attempting to throw a grenade, it will fall at your feet and explode
    If you die with a non-primed grenade, it will respawn with you
    Cluster grenades’ secondary explosion is now fire type
    Grenade deploy animation is now affected by catpacks as well as the pin pull and throw animations

Power Surge Changes – “Overcharge“:
    Power Surge is now researchable at the Command Station for 15 team resources and needs 45 seconds to be researched.
    Power Surge costs 5 team resources and has a cooldown of 20 seconds
    Does not work at Command Stations and Power Nodes
    Applying power surge is now easier as it auto selects a building close to where you clicked (similar to Nanoshield)
    New Effects:
    On powered structures:
    Deals 50 healthpoint damage to nearby aliens
    Lowers the energy regeneration rate of nearby aliens for 5 seconds
    On un-powered structures:
    Restores power for 20 seconds.

Nameplates no longer have a background or animated border elements
    Health bars will now show for enemies you attack
    Only visible in short range and with clear line of sight onto the target
    Better visual damage feedback about time to kill than damage numbers
    Engagements are less binary for new players
    Helps to focus on a target
    Damage numbers are now off by default for new players, since they are redundant when viewed in conjunction with health bars.
    Slowed down the dead lifeform dissolve length from 1.5s to 2.25s so players have a little more time to enjoy their kill
    Replaced the Gorge with a Drifter status at the Alien tech tree overview.
    Improved hit feedback on the crosshair to appear and disappear faster and coincide more closely with the damage you are doing.
    Reduced name flickering when aiming at an enemy
    Some new strategies to try out for commanders/players:

1) Research grenades early in the game. Players can buy a pulse/cluster grenade to toss behind RTs being bitten or advancing against early gorge tunnels. There is also the opportunity to prime it before going through a "grinder" PG in an effort to kill a few aliens when the player dies. Since we respawn with the unused grenade now, you can just save it till you need it.

2) Power surge changes for mid-game when PGs are going up. Use overcharge to help defend PGs under attack while your team responds. Dependency on ARC factory removed for its research so hopefully we'll see more use when power goes out too.

3) Contamination more useful now, you can just spam it in their base during the end-game for bile bomb damage along with any whips you'd like to add. Usually alien khamms have lots of extra res by that point in the game anyways.

4) Use rupture to parasite marines attacking RTs to aid aliens in dispatching them. I immediately thought of overlook on veil.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Build 297 new strategies

Research power surge, don't build power, build sneaky phase gate, power surge gate, NOTHING BUT THE HIVE!

No obs in base? No problem. Drop an obs at any location you're attacking and power surge and beacon.

Drop and explode cysts near gates, through walls (thinking Nano and East Junction, for example) to weaken the gates.
    HaX^

Comment

Originally posted by HaX^ View Post
      Drop and explode cysts near gates, through walls (thinking Nano and East Junction, for example) to weaken the gates.
      Sounds like it is only Contamination (the 3-hive endgame ability we rarely get to use) that does bile. Rupture still doesn't do damage as far as I know, and now that the view blocking portion of it has been reduced it will mostly be good only for its new parasites.

I also doubt power surge gets used very often after the novelty wears off. It was one thing when it came free with your turret factory, but now being a separate research it will never be a high enough priority.

Comment

I've been liking the new grenade changes. For reference:

Cluster grenades: Good for killing gorge clogs/structures. Seems to work okay on aliens but I think pulse does more damage?
        Gas grenades: Good for area denial and pretty handy on a hive rush
        Pulse grenades: Good for slowing down a PG grinder or saving a res node.

I've been trying to integrate early grenades into my comm builds (Armory > Grenades > Arms Lab > A1) so they can get more exposure. As a marine I'm trying to avoid using it until I really need it (saving an RT) or for some other opportune moment. I still think they would be more useful if you paid an initial cost, then respawned with a grenade every respawn even if you used it, but the current changes are a step in the right direction regardless.

Sounds like it is only Contamination (the 3-hive endgame ability we rarely get to use) that does bile. Rupture still doesn't do damage as far as I know, and now that the view blocking portion of it has been reduced it will mostly be good only for its new parasites.
        Contaminate was very effective at ending the game in a recent game on tram.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

In my very limited experience (2 marine games since the patch, both with early grenades), it is common to see only about two grenades on the team at any given time. I'm sure some of this is just people trying to save res for shotguns and jetpacks later in the game, but a lot of it is that people are not in the habit of buying them yet.

I think clusters are the most useful general-purpose grenade due to their utility against both structures and lifeforms. I'm not really sure what it means that the secondary explosion is now fire type. Whether this is more or less damage to lifeforms or structures, or what (if anything) it does to health or energy regeneration remains a mystery to me.

Comment

I image that the fire will have the same effects on regen as a flame thrower.

Comment

Contamination ends games. It is designed too. If aliens get to biomass 9, they can spam contaminate in the marine base to kill structures. Marines literally can not stop the bilebomb damage. This is by design. If you get to biomass 9, make sure you use it to end the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X