No announcement yet.

TGNS Recording Helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang. I feel like I failed college just now.

Comment

So I got it to work but I take a 65 fps hit in performance (around 90-100 fps). Is there a way to maintain decent recording quality while only suffering ~10fps?

Comment

Do you have Constant BitRate disabled, such that Variable BitRate will capture only what's changing?

https://i.imgur.com/aTLIIHN.png
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yes, cbr has been disabled.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          Do you have Constant BitRate disabled, such that Variable BitRate will capture only what's changing?

https://i.imgur.com/aTLIIHN.png

Comment

The chosen encoder can strongly affect your performance drop. x264 is a software-based encoder and uses your CPU heavily and will compete with other processes. Nvenc uses a hardware encoder built in to Nvidia GPUs, and Intel quick sync video (QSV) uses a hardware encoder built in to the CPU. QSV requires your integrated graphics to be enabled in the BIOS. When you use x264 you should be aware of x264 profiles that trade quality for speed like "ultrafast" which is the fastest but lowest quality, then "superfast" after that and "veryfast" after that. I suggest trying all the encoder options and seeing which you like best.

Encoding at a lower resolution and lower frame rate will strongly reduce the load on your system and make the FPS hit smaller. I don't know about you but I can barely tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps in a youtube video, even one of NS2.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X