kick your own crashed client from the game server using the TGNS Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kick your own crashed client from the game server using the TGNS Portal

When you crash on the game server, you cannot rejoin until your crashed client is automatically purged from the game server's memory. This takes some time and introduces unwanted delay in rejoining. In time, UWE will fix this.

You've always been able to message an admin (Steam IM/etc) requesting they manually kick you immediately, and nothing about that is changing. But now there's a self-service option for those who want it.

TGNS Portal now allows you to kick yourself from the game server when you've crashed. Anytime you're on the game server, the following link will appear at the bottom of every Portal page you see:

Just click on that link to instantly kick your crashed client from the game server (a message is shown to all players). You can immediately rejoin.

The link appears whether you use the in-game browser (if you're able, given the nature of your crash) or your desktop browser.

Feel free to test it when all is well, so that you're familiar with it when all is not well and every second counts.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: kick your own crashed client from the game server using the TGNS Portal

Cool!

Comment

Has this really not been fixed?
      remi.D

Comment

It's happening to me about 3-4 times a week. No rhyme to why, but I've been commanding almost every time. Once when I selected a hive, another clicking on a structure, another dropping meds.

Comment

Originally posted by rad4Christ View Post
          It's happening to me about 3-4 times a week. No rhyme to why, but I've been commanding almost every time. Once when I selected a hive, another clicking on a structure, another dropping meds.
          Only NS2 or does other things crash? You might have a bit rot in the NS2 files and that would cause the crash. Reinstalling NS2 or validating game cache in steam should fix it if that is the case. Bit rot does occur, it rare, but with the size of file systems now a days it almost certain.
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Very useful, used this several times this week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X