X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night 6/17 - 8PM Central

Yay! Another Captains Night! :)

--
    Anyone familiar with our rules is welcome to join us tonight at 8PM Central for a curated, password-protected event (I'll post the password in another post below just before 8PM Central). Here is a rundown of the event:

Fellowship:
    Throughout all of Captains Night, use the player name by which TGNS regulars best know you. Captains Night is a special time to come together with known regulars and friends.

Playing BOTH Rounds:
    Don't play unless you can reliably stay for the entire map (mid-map emergency? tell your team and bail. dinner and/or friends showing up does not an emergency make).

This expectation is important to participants, and admins protect it.

Taking a Break:
    Each map begins with a two-minute break for food, bathroom, and fellowship. Except for these breaks, don't AFK during the event.

After each break, the Captains are identified for the current map.

Becoming a Captain:
    TGNS regulars known to participants are invited to Captain and personalize team selections on Captains Night. The first player to volunteer as Captain selects his opponent Captain. This selection should prioritize gameplay quality, while the team-picking selections should prioritize competitive strength.

Opting In:
    Player opt-ins open up once both Captains are ready. If you miss the opt-in window for a given map, speak up and we'll get you playing on the next map for sure (if not immediately).

Selecting Teams:
    As team selections begin, listen for instruction. Only Captains speak during team selection -- text chat is always available to everyone (and, of course, voicecomm opens up to all players once teams are formed).

Gameplay:
    Captains Night is everyone's curated opportunity to apply our most satisfying teamwork, communicative tactics, and great fellowship. Try your hardest, but have fun together!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Captains Night 6/17 - 8PM Central

Password: tgns2345

steam://run/4920//+connect 23.105.33...sword tgns2345

Don't share the password. Share the thread.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks for the great games tonight, all! :) Really fun.

Comment

Alien khamm view from that 40 minute game on tram:

https://youtu.be/I5hhIdnafB0

(Can't upload to replay so posting here)
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

[MENTION=8124]aeroripper[/MENTION] what are you recording with?

Comment

Shadowplay. I re-encoded to a smaller .mp4 and went to upload it to replay but it said it doesn't start between the two times required. I didn't use TGNS helper so outside of re-editing the video it won't sync up with the others.

I download OBS but it keeps recording black screen with sound only and a message about "no sources set" even after I've selected NS2 application or Window recording. A source never appears in the list for some reason.

Comment

Do you know any way for me to start Shadowplay's recording with a mouse click on a UI element somewhere (as opposed to a hotkey)?

Comment

No, it appears to be hotkey only start start/stop recording. OBS looks like it supports the hardware option for encoding, which I would start using overshadow play if I can get OBS working.

Comment

Well, you're not the first person to use Shadowplay, and I want to add TRH support for it, but I can only reliably click something to start/stop the recording. My catching of other programs' hotkeys proved to be unreliable. :(

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                    Shadowplay. I re-encoded to a smaller .mp4 and went to upload it to replay but it said it doesn't start between the two times required. I didn't use TGNS helper so outside of re-editing the video it won't sync up with the others.

I download OBS but it keeps recording black screen with sound only and a message about "no sources set" even after I've selected NS2 application or Window recording. A source never appears in the list for some reason.
                    Have you tried setting your source to your monitor. It what I do to record and I never have issues with it.
                    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost View Post
                      Have you tried setting your source to your monitor. It what I do to record and I never have issues with it.
                      Yes. It never shows anything in the source window no matter what I pick :(

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                        Yes. It never shows anything in the source window no matter what I pick :(
                        Have you set up a scene first? You need to do that before you can set up sources or they would not appear in the list. Right click on scenes box and just make one, the name does not matter. Then right click on sources's box, select add and add it that way. Then try and record and see what happens.
                        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost View Post
                          Have you set up a scene first? You need to do that before you can set up sources or they would not appear in the list. Right click on scenes box and just make one, the name does not matter. Then right click on sources's box, select add and add it that way. Then try and record and see what happens.
                          This worked. Not sure why 'global sources' didn't do it. Thanks!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X