This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS Replay Add Helper Chrome Extension

I'm in desperate need of testers! :) I've again waded into a development space in which I'm a novice, and I need help working out the kinks in something I'm pretty excited about. It's my first-ever Chrome extension (after years of writing userscripts, which are arguably kiddie versions of extensions), and it makes adding cameras to Replay even easier than it already was.

This extension automatically adds to Replay any TRH-recorded videos you upload to YouTube. Just upload to YouTube and you're finished.

I've provided a download and written some instructions for how to get started below, and I'd very much appreciate anyone's evaluating them for usability, correctness, or anything else!

/Replay/AddHelperChromeExtension

The extension is not in the Chrome Store, but it's easy to download and install.

It's working great for me in my early testing, but I just have no idea what of that success is dependent on who knows how many configurations specific to my browser and/or YouTube account.

Please share any thoughts/questions/recommendations here. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: TGNS Replay Add Helper Chrome Extension

I love the idea, had a few problems though.

I left my machine on over night to upload the videos I recorded and when I woke up to check they all gave me an error about not being able to verify something or another and asked "Is it finished processing?" which they were. It was probably because I hadn't "published" them yet.

Also, after restarting my machine, Chrome automatically disabled your extension and won't let me re-enable it. Looks like you need to upload it to the Chrome Web Store to keep that from happening.

Edit: This extension let me re-enable it, don't know if Chrome will disable it again after a restart though.
    Last edited by TriggerHappyBro; 07-11-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hrm. Might try releasing this as a userscript, or maybe even as a bookmarklet.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I really appreciate the feedback about the extension stuff, too. That's exactly the kind of headache I anticipated. I'm looking at alternative deployment options now.

Originally posted by TriggerHappyBro View Post
        It was probably because I hadn't "published" them yet.
        Right. How acceptable is it for you (given your various personal YouTube use cases) to make "Unlisted" your default upload permission, such that they're automatically published (but available only to folks who have the URL) when they're uploaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          Right. How acceptable is it for you (given your various personal YouTube use cases) to make "Unlisted" your default upload permission, such that they're automatically published (but available only to folks who have the URL) when they're uploaded?
          I was going to try clicking the "Publish all" before letting it run overnight as I suspect that might solve the issue but I can try setting them to unlisted, too. The reason I wait to "publish" them is there is an "Add to playlist" option I use that disappears after clicking "publish".

Comment

Ah. I seem to have an "Add to playlist" that remains after completion, so "Unlisted" might meet your needs, which is good because I think it best fits Replay otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHappyBro View Post
              This extension let me re-enable it, don't know if Chrome will disable it again after a restart though.
              Chrome disabled your extension after a restart and even the extension I linked to can't re-enable it.

Comment

Update

Setting the privacy to Unlisted and letting it go works. The only problem now is Chrome removes it every time I open up Chrome.
                My current workaround is to re-install the extension before I upload each time. Not the fastest but still faster than without it.

Comment

Ok. Abandoning this extension approach for now.

Gonna try this as a userscript:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...per-Userscript

If anyone needs this thread opened again, let me know.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X