TGNS Replay Add Helper Userscript

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS Replay Add Helper Userscript

I've authored a userscript which makes adding cameras to Replay even easier than it already was.

This userscript automatically adds to Replay any TRH-recorded videos you upload to YouTube. Just upload to YouTube and you're finished.

I've provided a download and written some instructions for how to get started below, and I'd very much appreciate anyone's evaluating them for usability, correctness, or anything else!

/Replay/AddHelperUserscript

It's working great for me in my early testing, but I just have no idea what of that success is dependent on who knows how many configurations specific to my browser and/or YouTube account.

Please share any thoughts/questions/recommendations here. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

( this is a follow-up after I tried to release this functionality as a Chrome extension )
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: TGNS Replay Add Helper Userscript

Before I began playing last night, I took 30 seconds to do two things:

1) Opened my OBS output folder in File Explorer, sorted descending by Last Modified Date (most recent file on top)

2) Opened YouTube's upload page in a Chrome tab, which I upload throttled (using Dev Tools -- built into Chrome) to a speed that allows me to play without additional in-game latency

Opening both of these windows (and specifying my Upload Throttle preset in Chrome's Dev Tools) took less than 30 seconds.

After each game, I immediately made a decision: was that game worth sharing? If it was, I found the most recently recorded file in the File Explorer window (automatically and conveniently at the top of the list of files) and effortlessly dragged it to the YouTube upload window. Obviously, this takes a mere second or two after each game. I could literally do it before someone balanced me to a team for the next game.

Without fail, all of my uploaded games were automatically added to Replay when the upload finished. I'm very happy with the userscript, and I'm eager to hear what experience others are having.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've installed the user script in Greasemonkey (Firefox 47.0.1) and it keeps giving me an error concerning video duration:

Code:
      Replay Add Error: Unable to determine djVJRWKAOwI duration. Is the upload finished processing?
      This error shows up as soon as my videos are done processing. I'm logged into the TGNS Portal and my uploads are public by default.

Comment

Nom, I was having this error when I tried Wyz's Chrome extension. If you set the privacy to Unlisted while it's uploading/processing it should work once it finishes. At which point you can then set it to Public and publish them.

Comment

I'm going to mature this userscript to automatically publish uploads it determines to be TGNS Recording Helper videos. Only after it has published them will it attempt to add them to Replay, which should result in success (once a video is published, its duration is public knowledge, so Replay can verify it without error).

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHappyBro View Post
            Nom, I was having this error when I tried Wyz's Chrome extension. If you set the privacy to Unlisted while it's uploading/processing it should work once it finishes. At which point you can then set it to Public and publish them.
            Sweet, that works for me. Dunno why I didn't check the other thread. :)

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
            I'm going to mature this userscript to automatically publish uploads it determines to be TGNS Recording Helper videos. Only after it has published them will it attempt to add them to Replay, which should result in success (once a video is published, its duration is public knowledge, so Replay can verify it without error).
            Sounds great! Perhaps you could edit the instructions to state that unlisted videos are required for successfully adding Replay videos in the meantime?

Comment

v0.2 of the userscript automatically publishes public TGNS Recording Helper videos just before attempting to add them to Replay.

You can always get the new version of the script from the page documenting it:

/Replay/AddHelperUserscript

My limited testing, in Chrome, has me cautiously satisfied with the Unlisted and Public upload scenarios now. Private uploads show a Replay Add Error, predictably enough.

I'd particularly love feedback from any Firefox users. Otherwise, I'd like any feedback anyone has!

Comment

[MENTION=38]Wyzcrak[/MENTION] The latest version of the script works perfectly on public videos in Firefox. I initially had issues with it not triggering after video processing, but a simple browser restart fixed it. On the Add Helper Userscript page, perhaps you could add a step to the instructions under "Add the userscript", informing users to restart their browser.

Comment

I've added that note. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Comment

If the server red plugs at the end of a round and fixes itself, OBS stops recording in the ready room. This results in a longer than necessary video duration, causing the Replay Add Helper to return an error and fail to add an uploaded video to Replay. For example, this video returned this error:
                    Code:
                    Replay Add Error: LCKJtJjlJTA must begin with game's countdown event and be between 06:27 and 06:34.

Comment

Hrm. Thanks for this report. I know what caused those post-game redplugs tonight, so they'll not be common. If they become so, I'll figure out a solution for this.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X