NS Cliff Notes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Cliff Notes?

So, do you guys have a cliff notes version of how not to make an arse of yourself in NS 3.0, going over some basic movement/combat strategies, or are newcomers on their own?

Re: NS Cliff Notes?

Put "(new player)" at the end of your name, use global chat to tell everyone you're new and will need help, and give me the names of anyone who, despite those steps, gives you a hard time so that I may harm them.

Beyond that, my recommendation is to get in the game and get beat up for a while, as that's the best way, in my opinion, to learn this game.

I would be happy to meet you in TS later tonight and spectate some large games, discussing during the game what questions you come up with and what answers I can provide.

Also, I'm sure someone can direct you to some good reading material for beginners, though I'm not sure where that is. You might try the forums at readyroom.org, naturalselection.com's sister site.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: NS Cliff Notes?

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      So, do you guys have a cliff notes version of how not to make an arse of yourself in NS 3.0, going over some basic movement/combat strategies, or are newcomers on their own?
      If you were going to learn, one of the best opportunities for a jump right in approach is combat mode, and playing on the marines. Right now the server's starting to fill up on a combat map (map starts with co_) playing against some bots (aliens with [wb] in their name), which is a great time to learn.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X