No announcement yet.

Performance or issues with Windows 10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance or issues with Windows 10?

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone here is running NS2 on Windows 10? I've been more and more tempted to upgrade with the looming free-upgrade deadline, but poking around google hasn't revealed much in whether it's a good decision or not for gamers. There's the odd forum post where people had some issues, but upgrading to the right drivers usually fixed it.

So, anyone here seen any improvements, or loss of performance after upgrading to windows 10? or all about the same?

Thx!
    sigpic

Re: Performance or issues with Windows 10?

I upgraded when it launched and retreated to Windows 7 after lots of blue screens, but I loved Win10 and didn't OVERLY exhaust troubleshooting efforts (needed a stable computer more than I needed victory), so I'd take my experience with a grain of salt. I hope to try again one day.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Running a clean install of win10 for a year. Zero performance problems with ns2. Granted I got a fairly beefy machine now so I probably wouldn't notice anyways.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I haven't had any issues with Windows 10 when compared to Windows 7.
        HaX^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X