sh_slot - certainty when bumping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sh_slot - certainty when bumping

Some regulars recently bumped players unwittingly, preferring an opportunity to confirm their intentions before bumping anyone.

I've changed the slots logic to require that we all execute sh_slot per map before bumping anyone. I tried to do a simpler "Are you sure?" prompt, but details of the existing slots logic implementation made that much more difficult than you might imagine.

When you try to bump, you'll be reminded to execute the command first.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: sh_slot - certainty when bumping

( The command enables your slot privilege per map, not per bump. I could tweak that, if need be. )

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So typing sh_slot in the console allows you to join an ongoing game if there are non-regulars, is that correct? I guess I'm not quite understanding what this solves.
      HaX^

Comment

Nothing about the reserved slot logic has changed -- you're just not part of it, at all, until you've executed this command. This command is your way of telling the game server that, if you're able, you're prepared to bump someone when you join the team. If you couldn't bump before, you can't bump now. It's just that you won't even /try/ to bump, when joining a team, unless you've first executed sh_slot -- the command merely enables whatever privileges you have, if any, and applies them whenever you're joining a team. Once you're joining a team, after executing the command, nothing about the logic has changed -- the logic just doesn't fire at all unless you've executed the new command.

Some will argue this solves nothing. Some will argue they preferred the old way, where you managed situational awareness before joining teams and accepted bumping whomever you bumped. If enough of that feedback rolls in, we'll react. We typically can't please everyone.

Comment

I wasn't complaining, just didn't quite understand. It makes sense now. This prevents the scenario of a regular accidentally bumping someone when they didn't mean to. I like.
          HaX^

Comment

Right. Poorly constructed closing expression on my part. I'm glad you understand the intent. Let's see if we can stomach the implementation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X