No announcement yet.

TGNS Replay index: see games you played in, and see what cameras are captured

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS Replay index: see games you played in, and see what cameras are captured

TGNS Replay's index list of games now shows two additional pieces of information:

) it underlines games you played in, even if you didn't upload a recording

) it shows a distinct list of which camera views are available (any of Alien, Alien Commander, Marine, Marine Commander, or Spectator)

This helps in choosing which game to watch.

Also, as side-by-side viewing isn't feasible from mobile devices, I've changed the user experience on mobile devices such that it's easier to watch any one recording after choosing a game from the list.

Here's a QR code, if you'd like to use it to familiarize yourself with the Replay site from your handset:

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I have a suggestion: I noticed that users can show 25, 50, 250, 500, and all games at a time. It loads pretty quickly for 50 games, but 250 games and above can take a long time. Would it be possible to change the indexing so that it's similar to forum thread pages? I.e., page 1 through page infinity with the latest games constantly added to page 1. I think this would make it much faster and easier to find older (often merely days older) games.

I also want to add that Replay has come a long way. Perhaps you could add a Total Replays counter on the page as well? Thanks for your continuing work, Wyz. :)

Comment

Also; is it at all feasible to add a filter by player (or at least one's self), map, etc? that way people can get specific subsets of games they may want to review?

=D
      sigpic

Comment

I yesterday added a total views count to the top of the index list -- over 4,450 so far. I think that number is more interesting than total uploads -- if folks aren't watching, what's the point in having a lot of videos?

I'll look into better filtering and accessibility for older recordings. I've known for some time that my initial design wouldn't age well, and it's only going to get worse with time. I'm not complaining, but the frequency of prioritization necessary to continue developing TGNS at this point is.... noteworthy!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've improved pagination, filtering, and the overall speed of Replay's games list. Please report defects. Feedback welcome.

Comment

Wyzcrak That's everything I could wish for and more. Amazing work!

Comment

What Nom said, looks great! Thanks for doing all this work, Wyz!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X