New to NS, could use some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to NS, could use some help

I found this place when i got BF2 and got bored with the public server. Since then i have stopped playing anywhere but here and i thought i would expand my horizons a little. I have observed a few games and read as much online as i could find with the main NS site apparently down and i still haven't got a feel for the game.I tried playing once and embarrassed myself thouroghly :(. Is there anywhere you veterans could point me so i can learn the game a little better and start playing with you guys? ( any sort of PDF manual or something would be great, thanks)

---

Re: New to NS, could use some help

The following thread may be helpful: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=60085

Dont worry about embarassing yourself, just make sure your fellow players know you are new and they will most likely answer any questions you might have.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Yeah i read all those but they're not much help with the basic gameplay. Like the menu thing that i don't understand at all. I read through the SOP's also just to prevent that post from coming up as i inevitably will :).

---

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin
        Yeah i read all those but they're not much help with the basic gameplay. Like the menu thing that i don't understand at all. I read through the SOP's also just to prevent that post from coming up as i inevitably will :).
        We have an HLTV server set up for the NS server; if you wish, you can join that and spec a few games. If you want, IM me and let me know that you wish to do this, and we can chat over TS about the happenings.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Steel, the same goes for me. Find me and we'll spec some games together on HLTV. We can do it tmrw night, if you like.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Best advice? Just play. One of my first games I spent 5 minutes asking what my teammates meant by "drop the hive" :P

Though I cant guarentee you that my path produces the best results, i can guarentee you that learning by playing is the harshest, fastest, most frustrating, and most fun way of learning.

Comment

i'm usually playing or on my computer at various times from 4:30 to 11:00 depending on the amount of homework i have.I guess i coul dpractice the interface a little first, then spectate a few games and jump in :).

---

Comment

yay there is hope for TG beyond BF2!
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I pwnd as aliens back then, now I suck. I hate bunnyhopping.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                    I hate bunnyhopping.
                    Why?

Comment

Just join the server and play. People on TG are always willing and helpful, well, the regs anyway.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Hey i got a question when is natural selection gonna come out for source.

because i can't DL it or my dad will go evil on me :s so anyone got a release date?

because if they do can they tell me.

^_^banano Goes down smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by ^_^banano
                          Hey i got a question when is natural selection gonna come out for source.

because i can't DL it or my dad will go evil on me :s so anyone got a release date?

because if they do can they tell me.
                          I have heard of a source version, but i don't know a release date. I've also heard of a commercial release called NS2 that isn't a direct port like the source version is going to be.

---

Comment

NS: Source is a long time away. My guess would be 1 year.
                            NS2 is VERY far away. My guess would be 3 years.
                            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X