Please turn on Vac again :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please turn on Vac again :(

I would rather see VAC on and these hackers NOT come to our server then to be able to play. Seriously, the dedicated Admin staff that we had in the past would have been suffice, but lately I havent seen any (except custom, and that was today) dedicated admins playing... and relying on the first SM getting temp admin and being trained properly is slim to none (no offence you guys, but it seems we'd rather play then to have the responsibility).

So please, Id rather not play and see the server do well without hackers with VAC enabled.
    USAR

Re: Please turn on Vac again :(

Objections?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Apologies at least. Work bearing down + a wave of housecleaning = less pokerface.

I'd like to say that I've seen one report of a cheater since VAC was turned off. And that report wasn't even through the proper channels. While I've no objections to bringing VAC back, I also think that if there be cheaters, they're not being reported very well (at least, no where I've seen).
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Yeah... I mean.. I'll turn VAC on if that's what people want, but I've got a feeling we might be able to handle this problem better if people would just use the proper channels.... if it's such a big problem.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

page_admin is on the NS server, correct?

Perhaps a periodic announcement stating how to use it would be helpful.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
            page_admin is on the NS server, correct?

Perhaps a periodic announcement stating how to use it would be helpful.
            It is... although it seems limited to emails right now (something is amiss with the IM portion, and I need to troubleshoot it).
            [volun2]
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
              I'd like to say that I've seen one report of a cheater since VAC was turned off. And that report wasn't even through the proper channels.
              (boldface mine)

Can we get a summary of what the proper channels are? To my understanding they are follows:
              • When you detect a suspected hacker, join the HLTV server, spectate the player and capture a demo. Do not do this via the regular "spectate match" method as the player can see that you are spectating and this may arouse enough of his/her suspicions to cause him/her to turn off cheats.
              • Once the evidence has been obtained, contact an admin or supporting member about this. For example, "say page_admin Wyz is putting my XP in a vault and he won't stop, we need someone to ban him" and an admin, if available, will come running to your rescue. Another way to contact an admin or SM is to connect to irc.gamesurge.net #tacticalgamer and ask around. There are typically many players idling here.
              • Supporting members can issue temporary bans with the command amx_tempban <playername> <reason>

Recall that even without a supporting member present, you can kick ? players with the gb command (the syntax is gb <playername> <reason>).
              Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Maybe we need a few more dedicated Admins?
                USAR

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz
                  (boldface mine)

Can we get a summary of what the proper channels are? To my understanding they are follows:
                  • When you detect a suspected hacker, join the HLTV server, spectate the player and capture a demo. Do not do this via the regular "spectate match" method as the player can see that you are spectating and this may arouse enough of his/her suspicions to cause him/her to turn off cheats.
                  • Once the evidence has been obtained, contact an admin or supporting member about this. For example, "say page_admin Wyz is putting my XP in a vault and he won't stop, we need someone to ban him" and an admin, if available, will come running to your rescue. Another way to contact an admin or SM is to connect to irc.gamesurge.net #tacticalgamer and ask around. There are typically many players idling here.
                  • Supporting members can issue temporary bans with the command amx_tempban <playername> <reason>

Recall that even without a supporting member present, you can kick ? players with the gb command (the syntax is gb <playername> <reason>).
                  If an admin is on the server, @chat (say_team @something here) to speak to admins/temp-admins.
                  If there isn't someone around, try page_admin, if you wish. Alternately, merely make a note of the time and map. There's no need to demo an HLTV match on your own; HLTV does that already. Send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to an admin with that information, and we'll look into it. PRIVATE MESSAGE can mean PM through the boards, AIM, ICQ, IRC, YAHOO, MSN, GTalk, whatever. Public accusations will not be tolerated.
                  [volun2]

Comment

squeak, when you say "these hackers" I assume you're referring to a flood of cheaters that have infiltrated the server in the past couple days, right? Is this a theoretical objection or a practical one?

Comment

Zek: Yes, "these hackers" meaning that there are actual players cheating on our servers since Vac went down :(

More importantly though, it wouldnt be so bad if the temp admins knew their role and their powers more... or even had the ability to give their temp admin position to another SM.
                      USAR

Comment

I would rather have vac on the server but I can live with it being off. I'm guessing the reason it's off is because some people can't connect because there college firewall blocks vac ports or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                          Zek: Yes, "these hackers" meaning that there are actual players cheating on our servers since Vac went down :(
                          Any specific examples?

Comment

We (you, me... us) won't name names publicly.

Comment

The real problem is with the Temp Admins not using their powers I suppose. Fear of their own judgement or simply not knowing what to do (for example, I just found out that temps had amx_tempban privledges).
                              USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X