lag?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lag?

last night, and also the past few nights the lag's been particularly bad... anyone else notice this? any reason for it?

I had some (very little) last night. Only during intense fire fights is when I felt it the most.

Comment

I haven't noticed anything.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I have also.

:D :D :D :D :D
        I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

For some, its an annoyance. Others, its a way of life :)
          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Bogged a wee bit with a full house on hera last night; pings across the board were up, but that's normal for late-game hera. I did get dropped right at the end of the game ("connection problem" style), but that could have easily been a connectivity problem between me and TG.
            "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Thanks for the assistance, Total.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

its most likely the server itself, What is the priority lvl of the server again. I believe whenever we restart or reboot the server we loose that status.

Comment

np here
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

The server was running with "Normal" priority. I have set it to "High" priority. Hopefully that will help.

Wyzcrak

Comment

my tracert is posted in the admin forum..It has a timeout @ hop 18

Edit:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tracert 209.19.57.56

Tracing route to hlds-srv1-56.network42.net [209.19.57.56]
                      over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 192.168.123.254
                      2 <10 ms 15 ms 16 ms 10.48.64.1
                      3 15 ms 16 ms 16 ms ip68-2-2-5.ph.ph.cox.net [68.2.2.5]
                      4 31 ms 16 ms 31 ms ip68-2-0-62.ph.ph.cox.net [68.2.0.62]
                      5 16 ms <10 ms 15 ms chnddsrc01-gew0304.rd.ph.cox.net [68.2.14.9]
                      6 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms chndbbrc01-pos0101.rd.ph.cox.net [68.1.0.164]
                      7 32 ms 15 ms 31 ms fed1bbrc02-pos0102.rd.sd.cox.net [68.1.0.167]
                      8 15 ms 32 ms 31 ms 12.118.229.13
                      9 16 ms 16 ms 31 ms gbr2-p100.sd2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.145.58]
                      10 32 ms 31 ms 16 ms tbr2-p012701.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.12.1]
                      11 62 ms 63 ms 78 ms tbr2-p013801.sl9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.10.13]
                      12 63 ms 78 ms 62 ms tbr2-cl7.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.10.45]
                      13 94 ms 109 ms 94 ms tbr2-cl5.cb1ma.ip.att.net [12.122.10.105]
                      14 94 ms 93 ms 94 ms gbr2-p90.cb1ma.ip.att.net [12.122.11.242]
                      15 93 ms 94 ms 94 ms gar3-p370.cb1ma.ip.att.net [12.123.40.189]
                      16 78 ms 94 ms 109 ms s7-0.border1.lsa.bos.transedge.com [12.125.47.70
                      ]
                      17 94 ms 78 ms 94 ms f0-0.agg1.lsa.bos.transedge.com [216.217.3.50]
                      18 * 109 ms 94 ms 209.19.70.118
                      19 109 ms 94 ms 93 ms hlds-srv1-56.network42.net [209.19.57.56]

Trace complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
                        For some, its an annoyance. Others, its a way of life :)
                        :P :P :P

I still do pretty well.
                        I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Total
                          Your getting around 100ms ping Cobra..... looks good too me :)
                          Yea. What he said. :D
                          I do what I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                            its most likely the server itself, What is the priority lvl of the server again. I believe whenever we restart or reboot the server we loose that status.
                            replace hlds.exe
                            with start /HIGH hlds.exe

in any shortcut or batch file. But I suppose it's more complicated than that, since you smart fellers could have figured out that, just thought I would state the obvious as a Public Servicetm :P
                            --
                            CaveDog
                            "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Good call.

I went to do this last night, but the server was busy, and I prefer to not work with the server (or shortcuts that start the server) when it isn't idle.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X