NS 3.1 Done, Waiting on NS.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.1 Done, Waiting on NS.com

A little piece of info from the CAL forums.
    Originally posted by puzl
    3.1 is complete, but won't be released until the site comes back. the patch is about 20MB, and there will also be a full installer.
    This isn't new info to consti members, but this is the first public talk I have yet to see.
    Steam Community: | |

Re: NS 3.1 Done, Waiting on NS.com

3.1 was in Testing when I last played it.
    I hope they have gotten all the bugs fixed sence then. ( I know of one were you could see inside of a wall when in a vent, and something see anything on the other side of it, was going to post about it(in the bug fourms at it was a map constrion error) when the NS homesite when down...)
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Well I haven't playtested it in about a month so I hope that's true. Sometimes I forget what is and isn't in 3.0 already. I was disappointed when I remembered new hand grenades were a 3.1 thing :row__592:

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
        Well I haven't playtested it in about a month so I hope that's true. Sometimes I forget what is and isn't in 3.0 already. I was disappointed when I remembered new hand grenades were a 3.1 thing :row__592:

Well, the new wall walk code is atrocious. Good for TG gameplay, bad for CAL.
        USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
          3.1 was in Testing when I last played it.
          Yeah I really don't understand how it can be ready when the constellation testers have had no formal way to report bugs (website down). To me, this means that the constellation testers are not really considered testers, which means they are not leveraging their largest free tester base, which sucks. *sigh*
          Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
            Well, the new wall walk code is atrocious. Good for TG gameplay, bad for CAL.
            How so?

Originally posted by zibalatz
            Yeah I really don't understand how it can be ready when the constellation testers have had no formal way to report bugs (website down). To me, this means that the constellation testers are not really considered testers, which means they are not leveraging their largest free tester base, which sucks. *sigh*
            No, it means that they had no means to communicate with testers for 2 months and didn't want to just sit around doing nothing.

Comment

Might I point out that it is extremely easy to get in contact with most of the people involved with NS. I'm sure that the loss of the site slowed testing down, but probably enough people found other ways to contact them when they found bugs that they continued.

Also, I'm with Zek: how could a walk walking code change be positive for TG but negative for CAL? What change are you talking about?
              "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

There is no other way to describe it, other then it feels less fluid on the ground/inclines but improves "stick" on walls/ceilings (ie, you can be on the ceiling and not worry about falling off due to walking forward).

TG will love it because it will be easier for the casual player to reach tactical advantage points on the map without having the experience of, say, a veteran player.
                CAL may hurt because it *feels* less fluid to bunnyhop/move around as a skulk, and I know if *I* notice this difference other people surely will, imho.

But, thats me. I dont like it. When it is realeased you will find out for yourself :/
                USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X