Temp Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Admin

As you all probably now i new to this server. I bought a membership basically just to support it. The team work & captains games are great & the skill level sometimes is unbelivable. Anyway with the membership i got temp admin. The other night i had to kick a player for tking & cussing, i had warned him first he wouldnt stop so i kicked him. He came back did the same & i kicked him again, he left. The next night i had to kick one for tking, I kept both there user names. The admin deal is cool & i definatly dont want to abuse it, but i need to know how many times to warn them & want warrants a kick. I had one were i was the admin & the com asked me to kick a player because he had no sound, couldnt hear orders & i didnt know how to handle that one, I asked if he could hear me a couple of times no answer. I didnt kick him just typed a message telling him he needed sound to play here & contiued the game. anyway just some advice would be helpful thx.
    By the way going out of town for work be back couple of weeks,see ya.

Re: Temp Admin

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but usually one warning for language before a kick. People who don't communicate you need to make a few attempts to contact them, first over voice, and then over chat.

Comment

Much like anything else in life, it's a balance of what the moment calls for.

GENERALLY, I warn twice before I kick, but I've sent folks packing with more, and with less. Communication is way more fluid that that, as attempts to communicate could be spread out and responses are harder to pin and such. Someone might stay a map or two and fly under the radar if they're a decent alien or something, and then get booted in the fist 25 seconds for staying silent as a marine (as the pattern gets readily apparent).

You pay your dues because you think we rock. Thinking we rock requires a head for a mature game. We gave you the tools to use; don't be afraid of them. Yes, you can do some damage with the tools you're given, but if you're even THINKING about using them, there's probably a good reason as to why the thought is crossing your mind.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Ya i feel the same. I warned once, second warning i told them next time they would be kicked. On the comunication deal the guys score was up there u know i wasnt going to kick him even thou people were trying to get me to. I didnt think it was that big of deal u know if i was the com & some guy had a crappy score & wouldnt follow commands then he wouldnt get any toys. But im not going to kick a guy that knows whats going on even thou he may not hear the com. Thx Pokerface

Comment

You're welcome... one addendum, though.

"Knowing what you are doing" != "Knowing what the team is doing". Rambos have their place, and dropping four skulks with one clip is good and all, but if he's not following the comm's orders, there's an issue.

On the same token, someone uncommunicative at the bottom of the scoreboard may be struggling with the game and need help playing more than a swift kick in the pants. If he's not going to Eclipse Hive because he's not sure where it is, that's a learning opportunity as opposed to a communication breakdown.

A lack of communication can be a sign of disrespect, or it can be a sign that the player just doesn't know WHAT to communicate. This is part of that balance. Go with your gut.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Rgr. That!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement