Rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rates

Ok wyz, your plugins have gone too far this time... Now they're telling me I need help with my rates... Me, the scripting god...

:row1_26:

(What is this plugin?)

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Re: Rates

It gives that message to anyone with

rate < 9999
    cl_updaterate < 20
    cl_cmdrate < ... 20? I forget.

It changes nothing. Eventually, I hope to give text which will help folks set their own rates (or maybe a URL to read), but the plugin will never change anything (though it one day might refuse you access to the server if your rates are wrong).

So, if someone is asking about his rates, please help him. My recommendation for most players (and what I give to players blindly, assuming they're at 100fps):

rate 20000
    cl_updaterate 50
    cl_cmdrate 100
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So:
      rate 20000 (20kbps?)
      cl_updaterate 50 (fps/2)
      cl_cmdrate 100 (fps)

Is there a rule for rate, or is 20k just good for most everyone?

Comment

There's a rule that Google will give you, but it's largely irrelevant for most folks, as our connections give us far more throughput than the game is going to use.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

(20000 is the maximum value for rate)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            rate 20000
            cl_updaterate 50
            cl_cmdrate 100
            Should i reduce my cl_updaterate?

Mine are
            rate 20000
            cl_rate 9999
            cl_cmdrate 101
            cl_updaterate 101
            ex_interp 0
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              Eventually, I hope to give text which will help folks set their own rates (or maybe a URL to read), but the plugin will never change anything (though it one day might refuse you access to the server if your rates are wrong).

So, if someone is asking about his rates, please help him. My recommendation for most players (and what I give to players blindly, assuming they're at 100fps):

rate 20000
              cl_updaterate 50
              cl_cmdrate 100
              I've added text to the screen of any player with bad rates. The text is shown every time he dies. I've recommended, in that text, the values above.

I realize they're not perfect, but I'm not prepared to perfect someone's rates with automation. That's where we, the regulars, come in. Please do help anyone asking about his rates.

Comment

hey read this:

home.iprimus.com.au/clintonwood/netcode.doc

its pretty good

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse