Buckle the hell up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckle the hell up!

All I have to say after last night is buckle the hell up guys... because the Wyzcrak of old is back to knock your socks on their ass.

This goes double for you TBEAR....
    BUCKLE UP.

Re: Buckle the hell up!

Last night's second captains round on veil motivated me to design a new plugin which I'll be coding this week. You see, I want an HLTV of that game and only that game. No lead time, and nothing in the demo after the game completes.

The server already records an HLTV of every single game, but it begins recording as soon as the map loads, and the demo doesn't end until the next map change, so, to watch the game, you've got to sit through all sorts of dead time.

This new plugin I've designed in my head will disconnect and reconnect the HLTV Proxy just before and just after every game. The end result will be that we can retrieve an HLTV of any game we want, and the demo will be "edited" perfectly to contain only the entire game, without any dead time before or after the action. This cuts down on the filesize, and it cuts down on the hassle of actually using HLTV demos to review games.

I wish I had that for last night. That second game was .... well... it was an exemplification of the best TGNS has to offer, for and from all 16 players involved, really.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What?

Comment

Ditto

Comment

What happened last night?
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
            What happened last night?
            Great captains game on ns_veil. 110% from all 16 players.

As luck would have it, I was experimenting with HLTV before the game, so only this game is in this demo, and the downtime is minimal.

1. Create local server
            2. console: sv_voicecodec voice_speex
            3. console: sv_voicequality 5
            4. console: voice_loopback 1
            5. key up on your mic for 1 second (preps the speex codec on your client)
            6. console: voice_loopback 1
            7. viewdemo 1-0510172231-ns_veil.dem
            8. view at 4x until game starts
            9. return to 1x and enjoy

Man, what a great game to watch. Classic dialog (Yellow: "come with me if you want to live"), intelligent and independent decisions from players across the board (T_BEAR letting the hurt fade go instead of taking his jetpack into the alien-infested pipeline hive; snappy calling for the catpack to save Yellow from the Onos belly, nix249 recapping nodes when the aliens desperately needed them, etc), and fantastic strategy and teamwork from both teams for the duration of the game.

My HLTV hack lets you hear full voicecomms (and no text -- I'm working on that) from both teams throughout the entire game. Fun, fun, fun.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

God that Pfhor guy is sooo sexy. Much cooler than T_Bear.

Great game guys.

Comment

that's the wost signature ever pfhor.

Comment

I watched the first round of the demo. Great job. Looked like a realy good game!!
                  birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

You missed some really great games around 3 central today on the server. Terrific pub teamplay on aliens against alot of regulars on marines.
                    USAR

Comment

yeah that captains game was amazing. I wet my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
                        yeah that captains game was amazing. I wet my pants.
                        Note that the pants-wetting was totally unrelated to the captains game.
                        Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X