No announcement yet.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripts

Are sqripts illegal or an exploit here, like say a pistol sqript or a fade bunny hopping ect. lol i had a player ask me if i had a pistol sqript i was like ya right. Anyway im just trying to improve skills, if its not illegal can somebody guide me in the right direction.

Re: Scripts

It's not illegal to use scripts here. There are exceptions to that, but, as they're exceptions, we'll address them individually, and only if you use them. Proceed with your scripts.

Anyone wanting to share helpful information about scripting in this thread may PM the information to me. I'll post it in this thread.

The thread is locked to avoid the inevitable (if history be any indication of the future) squabbling about the validity of scripts. They're legal on the TG NS server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Scripts

mp_blockscripts is set to 0 on the server.

That said, there are quite a few purists who look down on the use of scripts, and quite a few scripters who swear by some (though VERY few more basic that pistol and 3jump).

I tend to fall into the first category, as from my experience, scripts only help the good get better and widen any experience gaps that may have existed before their use.

To more directly answer your question: no, they are not illegal as such.
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed