Missions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missions?

I'm amazed I never noticed this before. The third area in this section is for "Natural Selection - Tactics, Missions and Mod Discussions".

I'm curious, what is a Natural Selection mission?
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Missions?

I dont know, but maybe if we put a gun to Yellow's head and tell him to make a map with one we'll find out...
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

The forum is poorly named. I'll have it fixed.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        The forum is poorly named. I'll have it fixed.
        Isn't he great ladies and gentlemen? Lets all give him a big hand!
        *applauds*
        Now that is attention to detail right there folks, attention to detail.
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Card AKA Karrd
          I'm amazed I never noticed this before. The third area in this section is for "Natural Selection - Tactics, Missions and Mod Discussions".

I'm curious, what is a Natural Selection mission?

A mode that was for some (beta or alpha) verson of NS.

In this mission, one side has the obbjective, and the other must defend it.

In one Mission the marines, could not spawn, get nothing more then: 2 mines, there lmg with unlimited ammo, a hg, a welder, and their knife, The aliens get one alien gestated automaticly to onos, and the rest are left a skulk with fast wave respawn, that have no weapons. the onos picks upto 3 upgrades (as normal 1dc 1mc 1sc) and get only hive0, and hive 1 weapon. The aliens win if they get the onos to kill all the marines, and the marines win if the onos is killed.

he marines could spread put and try to kill the egg at the start or, group up and try to kill the onos latter. However problems were seen and so it was removed. (namely people tought defending the onos well he attacked was not fun, and would leave)
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Your mission is to eliminate all the alien creepy crawlies if you are a marine. If you are an alien, your mission is to overtake whatever dark narrow corridored structure you happen to be inhabiting.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The word "missions" has no (and, to date, never has had a) place in that forum name or NS discussion. I guess I never really thought about it until Karrd pointed it out.

That is a naming convention designed to accomodate discussion for games with individual and unique missions which require unique planning and discussion, often with multiple structured and strictly-sequenced objectives, or perhaps for discussing the design of missions which have yet to be added to a game or its mod. This comes from a time, even, when we were sometimes playing different objectives and/or missions despite the map remaining the same (in games other than NS). None of this is discussed within the context of NS.

I don't know what is discussed within the context of NS which is placed better in a "NS Missions" forum than in an "NS General Discussions" forum.

Apophis, is it left there to maintain consistency despite its awkwardness? Or do you not see it as awkward within the context of NS? Or perhaps we plan on discussing "NS Missions" in the future?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It's a Google thing moreso than anything else. Keyword density.

Comment

Dense it is, then. :)

So the word stays. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi, Google! :)

Comment

Google says hello back! :-)

It seriously doesn't need to stay as "Missions". We've got enough forums now with the word "Missions" as part of the anchor text that we can give up this word in the NS forum.

Comment

I vote it change to: Tactics, coolness, and lollipops. But that is just me...
                      USAR

Comment

Ok, then. The following would do nicely, I think.

Natural Selection - Tactics, Maps and Mod Discussions
                        Discussion about Natural Selection tactics, maps, and mods.

Thank you.

Comment

oh one change...

Natural Selection - Tactics, Maps and Mod Discussions
                          Discussion about Natural Selection tactics, maps, and mods (NO NUB SQUEAK ADMINS ALLOWED).

(font size optional. after all, I'm a reasonable man)

Comment

pfft, dont be haten lollipops nub.
                            USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                              pfft, dont be haten lollipops nub.
                              Everyone wants to lick squeak's lollipop.
                              Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X