Can't connect :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect :(

When I right click steam in my system tray, I can see the NS server on my favourites, and I can see the main list of servers. When I look at the NS server in HLSW I can see the server. When I load NS, I can't connect to the master server list, and I can't connect to TGNS.

I've tried connecting from console, from HLSW, and from my steam favourites.

Any suggestions? I just connected fine to the PCS server.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Can't connect :(

I've had this problem before. Obnoxiously annoying, this one.

I don't recall how I solved it, but I think many, many reboots were involved.

And... maybe... I deleted clientregistry.blob?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      And... maybe... I deleted clientregistry.blob?
      Maybe not. I tried and suddenly all steam games are unavailable.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

So undelete it. Do the games come back?

Now might be a good time to start reading/searching the support/forums at steampowered.com.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

A problem T_BEAR had.. no resolution is given:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=24258

Comment

What is the exact error you're seeing when you fail to connect?

Comment

Maybe your 'rate' is set toooooo low? Or perhaps the VDF recommendation?

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...i=&p_topview=1

Comment

Turn off DMZ on your router if you have it enabled.

Comment

Whos that I see, way off in the distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    What is the exact error you're seeing when you fail to connect?
                    If I connect via console, I get the connection box with the status bar, and a series of retry attemps.

If I refresh my favourites list in game, I get <not responding>

In my main server list, I get <could not connect to master server list>

I haven't changed any settings at all anywhere on my PC since playing NS a couple of nights ago.

I have no idea what DMZ is. My router is about 3 years old, so I'm guessing it doesn't have it.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

port forwarding to a computer on your network.
                      virtual server to a computer on your network.
                      anything that allows the someone from the internet to connect to any of your networked computers, some routers corrupt (or rather don't fix properly) the tcp packets when it is enabled.

Comment

Root, have you thought of... I dunno... getting a new router? One that doesn't habitually block online games?

Comment

make sure you have windows firewall disabled
                          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                            make sure you have windows firewall disabled
                            Win2k so not built in firewall. Zonealarm is disabled as I'm using the router firewall.

Port forwarding is set up correctly. No virutal server running. Pretty much nothing running actually. Not even trillian at one point.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Did you check your rate?

Did you try the VDF file solution?

Did you look at the steampowered link I gave above?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X