Serious Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Problems

So, this afternoon I log onto an NS server, and start to play. Immediately i noticed that I couldn't bunnyhop. I figured it might be a plugin on the server. So, I connect to TGNS. Same thing there. It seems like everything is in slow motion. Full 99fps reported, and netgraph reported everything fine. No loss, no spikes, no nothing. Ping is fine. It happens in any server. I've tried an ns reinstall, steam reinstall, and a reformat.

Still, I have this problem. I've checked all my binds, and everything is fine. Rates are the same they have been for months. There's no other activity on my network, or my computer. Im stumped here guys. I cant play at all.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: Serious Problems

Originally posted by ImAWuss
    It seems like everything is in slow motion.
    Could you describe this more fully, please? I'm trying to wrap my head around what the hell is going on. Hopefully then I can be helpful in fixing it... but I first need to understand it (the problem).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well, for example, when I jump as skulk, It seems like Im in the air for maybe 2 seconds. It's almost like Im lagging, but there isn't any lag reported on netgraph. It's almost impossible to aim as marine, because by the time Im able to aim to the alien, im dead. I've never seen anything like this.

While bhopping, by the time my jump registers, im already on the groung. I use mousewheel.
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

So you basically have ghost lag?

Comment

Wow.. that's crazy. Does it happen in non-HL games? Does it happen in other HL games? Does it happen if you run the game in DirectX mode?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yea, I guess you could say that. To narrow it down more, I'm using a USB mouse and keyboard. I've already tried using the ps2 ports, and get the same results. I have no problems with any other games.

Comment

Ok, I need some clarity here.

Does it look like your lagging, missing frames and warping around, OR is it that you move around with your keyboard/mouse and it doesnt respond untill a few seconds after?

Ok, give me some machine specs:
              Graphics Card
              CPU
              Mem

Broadband type etc etc

I would do three things:
              Uninstall your GFX drivers
              Defrag
              Reinstall new GFX drivers
              USAR

Comment

There's no teleporting around. It's a delayed responce. Right... No problems in other games.

Nvidia Geforce FX 5900 With latest drivers
                P4 2.8HT
                1gig ddr ram

Comcast Cable. I've checked up/down speed. Everything is fine.

Comment

Here's something interesting....

When I use the 'a' and 'd' keys in my keyboard, I get messages "Unknown command: -pscript" and "Unknown command: -ejump". These are no where in my config.cfg or my userconfig.cfg

Im lost.

Comment

Ahh.... someone here is going to be able to make something of that, I bet.

Comment

Well, I've just tried "unbindall". Then reloaded config and userconfig. Still, the message comes up. I DO have a third config file setup with scripts, but it's not referenced in the config or userconfig.

Comment

Rename that third file. Restart NS. See if the problem persists.

Comment

This is obviously a result of the hacks in the userconfig I gave you. Playing the game like that will make you a betr plyr i promis.

Seriously though: :( I wish I could help. I have never heard of any problem similar to yours ever. I hope you fix it so you can continue to play with a|. :( :(

Comment

Wyz, that fixed the problem. Not sure how the third config file was getting executed, but it was. Problem solved. Thanks.

Comment

WYZCRAK WINS!
                              And the crowd goes wild!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X