.143 Beth in TGNS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .143 Beth in TGNS?

Hey guys, I've been wanting to try natural selection for months now, and I think I'll start. I think the NS server is down or something, but I'll DL NS, and wait until somehting happens.

Re: .143 Beth in TGNS?

The server is not down.

tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27015

If you can't see it, let me know what server browser you're using.

Be sure to let folks know you're new, and do your best to move with and communicate often with a regular. Get a mic check on your mic to make sure folks are satisfied with your voicecomm sound.

Let us know how we can help.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The TG server status page has consistently reported the NS server as down for some reason. It lies.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

The best thing to do when you're new (on TGNS at least) is to let people know. I'd also suggest sticking to marines until you at least know the names and general functions of the alien classes. For marines, just do what the commander says and you'll be fine.

A little tip, if you're building something crucial whle you're alone and you see a fade or multiple skulks coming at you, don't stop and shoot, you will die, so best to try and finish the building.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Ok, Does NS run off of the HL2 engine, and do I need to DL the server patch? I DLed the NS3.0 Client, and installed it, but I don't know how to start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
            Ok, Does NS run off of the HL2 engine, and do I need to DL the server patch? I DLed the NS3.0 Client, and installed it, but I don't know how to start the game.
            You need HL to install it. No HL2 version as yet.

Which version of HL2 did you get? If you got Gold, well, download HL already!

If not...I've seen HL Platinum Pack (that's HL, Counterstrike, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Team Fortress) for <$30.

Well worth it.

Comment

I thought it ran on the HL1 engine, if it runs on HL2 then I am going to download it ASAP.

Comment

Darn, I have no HL1. Crud, anyone have an idea if they will make HL2 version.
                Well, I'll weigh my options, and then decide if I'll play NS. I thought I was gonna play tonight, I gues I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                  Darn, I have no HL1. Crud, anyone have an idea if they will make HL2 version.
                  Well, I'll weigh my options, and then decide if I'll play NS. I thought I was gonna play tonight, I gues I am wrong.
                  Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

and

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

$19.99 + shipping.

Why am I playing an enabler for a game I don't even play?

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Why am I playing an enabler for a game I don't even play?
                    Because you are such a nice guy, +rep!!!

Sorry I can't give you rep because I gave you too much. I have to pimp some more peeps so I gan evenly distribute rep.
                    Last edited by .143 Beth©; 11-09-2005, 01:11 PM. Reason: ADDED INFO

Comment

I have the free HL2 that came with buying an ATI card. I don't know what level that is, but I was able to download HL1 and CS for free.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        I have the free HL2 that came with buying an ATI card. I don't know what level that is, but I was able to download HL1 and CS for free.
                        That would make it the silver package, IIRC.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          That's really strange, because I also have an ATI voucher, and on steam it shows as being equivalent to the bronze package. As of now, the only reason I can play HL1 mods is because I already had a HL1 CD key linked to my account before using the voucher. I would have to spend $10 to upgrade to the silver package to play DOD:S.

.143 Beth, If you DO happen to have a bronze package, or some ATI voucher equivalent of bronze, then the upgrade to silver is only $10 and you would gain access to HL1 and its assorted mods.

Comment

Originally posted by DON.MAC
                            .143 Beth, If you DO happen to have a bronze package, or some ATI voucher equivalent of bronze, then the upgrade to silver is only $10 and you would gain access to HL1 and its assorted mods.
                            BAM. $10. Do it.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'll see what I can do, nothing soon since I am booked at college. I'll try though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X