Backup your configs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup your configs!

As you prepare to upgrade from 3.05 to 3.1 this weekend, be sure to up backup your config files so that you don't lose all of your settings.

Different folks will have different procedures to follow, depending on how customized your NS installation is, but be sure to prevent the frustration of having your files overwritten when you upgrade.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Backup your configs!

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    As you prepare to upgrade from 3.05 to 3.1 this weekend, be sure to up backup your config files so that you don't lose all of your settings.

Different folks will have different procedures to follow, depending on how customized your NS installation is, but be sure to prevent the frustration of having your files overwritten when you upgrade.
    Or you could just say don't overwrite you config files when you install the patch. (It asked me if i wanted to, I told it no)
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
      Or you could just say don't overwrite you config files when you install the patch. (It asked me if i wanted to, I told it no)

That's only your configs. It will still destroy custom HUD's, minimaps, models, anything that isn't in a *.cfg file.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

The upgrade version wont. My high-res resource tower and pistol are still there.

Comment

The other thing to remember is that the 3.1 Config file has several commandlines in it that didnt even exist in 3.01. Some of them are kind of useful, like the command to turn on the gammaramp (now optional and will be turned off without the command, previously always on).

So what I did was backed up my config, installed the new config, then compared the two files and copied over any new commands from the new one to the old one. Then I removed the new one and restored the old one, complete with the new commands.

Edit: Ahhh! Your site update ruined my custom avatar! Now I'll have to re-edit it and upload a new one in the correct color.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X