X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.1 released!

Full version:
    http://www.nsarmslab.com/files/ns_install_v31.exe
    (thanks for the catch, Yoshi -- my mistake)

Share the mirrors you have. :)

I'll have the server updated soon.

Submitted mirrors:
    Patch:
    http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~hunsley/files/ns_patch_v31.exe
    http://rtfo.org/~al/share/ns_patch_v31.exe

Full Version:
    [no mirrors]

All files:
    http://www.onovia.com/
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 11-12-2005, 03:11 AM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: NS 3.1 released!

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    Full version:
    http://www.nsarmslab.com/files/ns_install_v31.exe
    (thanks for the catch, Yoshi -- my mistake)

Share the mirrors you have. :)

I'll have the server updated soon.

Submitted mirrors:
    Patch:
    http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~hunsley/files/ns_patch_v31.exe

Full Version:

So how long will the server take to update?
    I want to know if i should wait here or go make some supper well I have a little free time.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
      So how long will the server take to update?
      The server is updated and will remain largely vanilla until tmrw morning.

Reserved slots (and little else: amx_help for details) should be working.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

As a constie, I was able to update my script pack a long time ago for the new slot configuration as well as the addition of say_team's to the new impulse comms. Anyone who uses it and wants the update, it's in the same place the old one was.

Edit: I forgot, it's using some old xhairs and HUD's. I'll update it later today. The readme is probably out of date too.

I think that this release is an overall buff to marines. Sure the skulk stuff is cool and will definitely help, but the hand grenades and always-on comm health display will be huge to a team who knows how to use them. That said, with all the prejudice against hand grenades, it might take a while for even (especially) the CAL people to catch on.
        Last edited by ReK_; 11-11-2005, 05:44 PM.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

On a side note.... UIUC ROCKS.

Comment

The hand grenades are awesome now. Tons of fun.

Comment

...of all the weekends...
              God. Damn. It.
              I'll see if I can pop in when I have a free moment.
              *sulks*
              -Zephyr
              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
              We are not a single game.
              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

meanwhile...
                *skulks*

Comment

I'd like to submit my website, http://www.onovia.com/ for mirror to all 4 files. Im prepared to sacrafice the bandwidth.
                  birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

thanks for that contribution, wuss.
                    _________
                    <OP8-322>
                    %#^^^#%

Comment

Okay update, but I think NS has been getting too "arcadie" the past few versions.

Comment

^

What does that mean? Are you saying NS was more realistic at one point?

Comment

I think I know what he means, between 1.04 and 2.xx it sort of felt "arcadey" but 3.0.5 and 3.1 feel a lot more like 1.04 to me. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Comment

I too am curious to know what Enigma means. What have you observed, Enigma, that led you to this conclusion?

Comment

I know, he's calling all NS players juvinile.

Maybe he's worried about those blisters on his hands from playing NS via joystick.

...I'm going to go turn in these tickets from last night now, I almost have enough for a plush gorge.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X