client issue - game parsing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• client issue - game parsing...

I installed the new client last night and tried to jump in a couple of different servers, but the game load gets to the end and the screen brigtens saying game parsing.... It doesn't get past that. I hit escape and Resume Game and I seem to jump to the games ready romm, but I can't move.

Any ideas?

Re: client issue - game parsing...

You could try reinstalling ns. I've never seen this happen before, so I realy dont know what to do.

Search the ns.org forruuu... whoops. STILL not online..
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Make sure you're installed the 3.1 client (not 3.0).

And make sure you've installed the client files, not the server files.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

if you move your mouse then hit escape/resume then move your mouse again and escape/resume, does your view change each time?

I dotn know the solution, but that happens to me sometimes. Restarting works for me.

You may want to try disabling the built in gamma ramp.You can do it by way of a new console command for this version, cl_gammaramp.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

That is exactly what it was doing. I'll try a restart then a reload.

Thanks for the ideas

Comment

The cl_gamaramp 0 seemed to do it.

Woohoo!

Thanks again

Comment

I get this problem when I alt-tab out while NS is loading. So if that's the reason this problem occured for you it might not be due to gamma ramp and rather because you alt-tabed while NS was loading.

Comment

Originally posted by [Taco]Maniac
                I get this problem when I alt-tab out while NS is loading. So if that's the reason this problem occured for you it might not be due to gamma ramp and rather because you alt-tabed while NS was loading.
                Right, that is what causes it for me as well.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X