TGNS: TacticalWiki Tactics and Articles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS: TacticalWiki Tactics and Articles

Throughout the history of TGNS, our community has contributed articles, tips, and thoughts regarding every tactical edge of Natural Selection. Unfortuantely, this information is locked away in the Natural Selection: Tactics and Mods discussion forum.

To continue in the tradition of helping the TG community, we ask for your help in transitioning these articles from the Tactics and Mods discussion forum to the TacticalWiki:Natural Selection knowledge base.

Any Tactical Gamer may contribute to the wiki, and you can get started right away by following this link. There you will find instruction on how to setup a TacticalWiki account and how to edit a basic wiki page. The TGNS Wiki page is located here, and, with your help, will soon be a useful resource for everything relating to TGNS. Scrolling down you will find the NS Tactics and Strategies section, which lists the available articles that have already been moved to the Wiki.

Commanding Tips is a good example of what is expected from a transfered article. Here is how it looked before being moved to the Wiki. Edits should include grammar and spelling corrections as well as pleasant formatting.

By helping TGNS transition to the Wiki, we can better inform, help, and play with today's and tomorrow's TG Gamers.
    USAR

Re: TGNS: TacticalWiki Tactics and Articles

To be clear: the first home for tactics discussions should remain the forum. The wiki is for information refined through discussion and should not be the first home for tactics discussion.

We're looking for the matured nuggets of gameplay advise/information to be moved.

It is my pleasure to offer to anyone converting an article a SM-level reserved slot (not a TG-wide supporting membership, but you WILL be afforded ALL of the luxuries enjoyed by a SM while on the TGNS server) on the TGNS server lasting up to one month. The number of days you enjoy the slot will be determined by the excellence of the conversion. The SteamID given the slot will be dictated by the person performing the conversion (so the person doing the work, SM or not, may arrange the slot for another player if he wishes).

I really would like to see the TGNS playerbase consistently adding value to the TacticalWiki.com knowledgebase. This aims to promote that goal. As a player dedicated to helping NS grow at TG, the Tactical Wiki should be a resource in which you're very comfortable working.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This isn't required, but it might help folks avoid converting one article while someone else is converting the same argument.

This whole conversion thing only takes about an hour, if that. You can edit a post in a thread for... I think.. up to 12 hours?

So, post in the Tactics thread you're converting TELLING folks that you're converting it. Then, go convert it. When you're done, edit your post in the Tactics thread with the new TacticalWiki.com URL. If you don't get the URL until after you can no longer edit your original post, post again. No biggie.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Sticky threads in the Tactics forum should be your first choice if you're arbitrarily looking for something to convert.

By moving this stuff to the wiki, ANYONE may tweak these information sources moving forward. Community members designated as wiki editors will then decide which "tweaks" are made available for public viewing and which are not.

Comment

I started a thread in the Tactics and Mod discussion forum here:
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...-articles.html
          to keep tabs on articles being written/completed.
          USAR

Comment

As wyz has mentioned, we are first looking to include TG original articles first and foremost to the TacticalWiki. Later, when we wish to expand the knowledge base you can seek authors outside TG to publish their works.
            USAR

Comment

Am I right to assume that any new page that is created will not show to the public until the author has requested an admin to review the page? I'd like to start working on a few of these. It would be easier to edit directly on the wiki, and then ask for approval. Please verify.
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

It's my understanding that pages show up immediately. I might be wrong.

But it doesn't matter. Create it in the wiki. Put "work in progress" at the top, perhaps accompanied by an anticipated completion date. Edit to your heart's content.

When you're ready to have it evaluated, let us know.

Comment

Pages are created instantaniously when you create a link. Clicking on a wiki link to a page that doesn't exist opens up an edit screen for that new page, ready for you to poor your heart out.
                  USAR

Comment

Yea, I created a page yesterday, and added a bit of content. It's not that hard to figure out. Thanks guys.
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

A note: wiki editing access is controlled by sysops, of which I am one. So if you've a desire to add to the wiki, please make sure you contact me so I can set you Contributor status.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X