TG discussed in ns.org thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG discussed in ns.org thread...

http://www.natural-selection.org/forums/index.php?s=7958a504339b0aff3d7da2e0f6cf3ce8&act=S T&f=1&t=57594&st=0

Share your thoughts about our server with these people. I don't want you to say anything fancy or scripted. Just tell them why you play on our server, and what about it you think they might like.

I wouldn't be surprised if mention of us causes some people to tell their TG horror stories, as angry people are loud, and a few NS people have left TG less-than-impressed. If you read that thread, you'll see where people have already stated that they weren't all-that-impressed when they played on our server. But blah, you can't please everyone. I'm not a big fan of spamming those forums talking about us, but the guy that started that thread described TG with creepy accuracy, so I think it's warranted that we let folks reading his thread know what we have to offer.

I don't think it's helpful if post after post after post says "OMG TG IS TEH BEST", but if you have a unique angle on why our server is special, this thread might be a good place to share it.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I should also mention that, if you've never posted there before, people aren't likely to put much weight in what you say. They think that you're an idiot if you have a low post-count or something.

Anyway, just be nice and let them know you enjoy playing here.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i didn't know i was THAT "creepy accurate"? i'm just trying to help out, that's all.

funny thing though, my new and best TG friends were not those from the ns.org, rather, they are friends of mikolovesyou ;)

PS: you know who you are :)

Comment

"i didn't know i was THAT " creepy accurate "? i'm just trying to help out, that's all."

Not you Nightfire, snoop bob.

"he server would be at first be public to get a player base and generally describe the basic ideals of the server, it would then after a sufficent player base migrate into a permanent "private" server requiring reserved slot gained through signing up on the website ( for free - although a trial period would be nessecary to stop multiple steams ids per person etc). Trusted players would have basic admin powers to generally manage the server when a higher admin is not online. Certain "events" would allow public players to experiance the server without sign up eg tuesday night public play... etc etc"[/quote]
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          I should also mention that, if you've never posted there before, people aren't likely to put much weight in what you say. They think that you're an idiot if you have a low post-count or something.

Wyzcrak
          if thats the case why dont we just post over here and you can carry over our opinions with quotes. (something tells me you have a high post count there as well.)That way they wont know about our tiny post counts :P

Comment

Then people will think he is making it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Total
              I hate to say this but I think these threads are usually pointless and can be self destructive....

Comment

I hate to say this but I think these threads are usually pointless and can be self destructive....
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player A posts a thread talking about or looking for a specific style of gameplay.

Player B replys with an already existing site/server/service that is exactly what Player A was looking for.

Player C. D, E & F reply and attack Player B for pimping a site/server/service.

Player A replys and repeats the question ignoring Player B's thread.

Rinse and repeat, nothing is accomplished.
                Generally, yes. But the hoped for conclusion is that a least a few people will see the light :)
                I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebhead
                  Originally posted by Wyzcrak

Wyzcrak
                  if thats the case why dont we just post over here and you can carry over our opinions with quotes. (something tells me you have a high post count there as well.)That way they wont know about our tiny post counts :P
                  I can remember when that forum had less than 100 members.... :P

Its not so much post count that's taken into effect as Register Date, and your Name. All in who you know, and how you present what you know :)
                  I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Player A posts a thread talking about or looking for a specific style of gameplay.

Player B replys with an already existing site/server/service that is exactly what Player A was looking for.

I don't think this is a good reason to avoid a reasonable mention of a server you like. I don't WANT the company of players C, D, E, __AND__ F. I really don't want the company of players who can't see past the mindless bitching of players C, D, E, __AND__ F. And if player A can't look past their bitching to see the perfectly reasonable answer to his question that player B provided, then I can do without player A, too.

I think quite the opposite is true. Put correctly, those comments will do more good than harm. Even if players A, C, D, E, __AND__ F aren't truly looking for a teamwork-oriented server, SOMEONE will be, and they'll be adult enough to look past the crap and make their way to our before-unknown site.

I'd love to be able to get mature players within the NS demographic ten at a time. But experience tells me you have to do what you can to bring them in one at a time, instead.

Wyzcrak

Comment

i don't believe in the literacy of the majority of the ns.org community. Not to say that we shouldn't try, but merely that we shouldn't expect good results. We would be lucky to get one good team player who communicates for every 5 l33t clanners that come and go onos in small games.

btw, i found the server through pubbing, and tycho was offering me anime so i had to come back. and i knew bentley. Whoop-dee-doo.

in the end, i think it's all based on luck anyway. if they happen to come during an amazing game with tons of regs on both sides, then they'll prolly stay. If they come when the teams are small or if one side is full of pubs being crushed by the regulars, then they'll be all like "th1zx iz a LYEYEYEIIEI! taxticaoo gay-muh is nO G00D!"

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                        not if he quotes us.

also that whole A B C D E F thing kind of confused me, does that mean wyz = a beb = b and ender = c? or am i way off

Comment

Originally posted by Bebhead
                          Originally posted by _Ender_
                          not if he quotes us.
                          That would make it worse. Most of us arent even a member of the ns.org forums (I am, but I never post, I dont see a point) so if wyz starts quoting what we say here on those forums then somebody is going to ask "well why cant they sign up here and say it" then of course we will and of course we will get flamed for not having a high post count or we're just saying that because we're members.

Like total said, its all pointless in the end because the people bitching about this server is going to be heard louder then the people who actually gave this place a chances.

Comment

I so Agree...

Comment

Okay, so who cares what other people are talking about right now? We have our name in there, they know we exist and that's half the battle. You can't make them come to our server... They will come on their own, Like verbose =P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X