Unable to host NS games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to host NS games

I tried to host a LAN game and run bots so as to practice , but i get this error msg : " This Steam account is being used in another location".

I used the default liblist.gam file and tried to host, but it still gives me the same problem. This problem is only isolated to NS, as i can host CS and DOD lan games.

Any help on this?

Thanks in advance! :D

Re: Unable to host NS games

I noticed this same problem last night when I went (for the first time since 3.1) to host a server (to load the speex codec before viewing a demo). I've no idea what causes it, but a search (which I've not -- yet -- taken the time to do) at steampowered.com's forums might yield something.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

thanks , Wyzcrak. i got it working somehow, i just changed the "sv_lan 1" to "sv_lan 0" in the listenserver.cfg file in NS, and i can host now. thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Comment

:p

I pointed in a direction? Neato.

I had no idea I was submitting anything new and helpful. I'll try the sv_lan thing later. Perhaps it will solve my problem, too. Maybe the 3.1 install reset that variable's value?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I was having the same issue and thought someone had hijacked my account. I feel much better now :)

Comment

This doesn't fix my problem. I'm still unable to create a game. Any have anymore ideas? I get the same "This Steam account is being used in another location" message.
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I, too, remain without a working solution.

Comment

I don't have this problem, I have lan game checked when I make the game.

Maybie you could try starting steam in off-line mode?

Comment

I had the same problem a few days ago and was at first very concerned. I have yet to look up a solution because fixing it was as simple as restarting steam from scratch. I assumed it may have had something to do with the update that steam did to itself as soon as I reloaded. Of course, that may have nothing to do with it, but thats what it took to fix it on my machine.
                  _________
                  <OP8-322>
                  %#^^^#%

Comment

Originally posted by Valve
                    Updates to the Half-Life 1 Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Half-Life 1 Engine

* Fixed "This Steam account is being used in another location" error when starting a listen server with LAN mode disabled
                    I've confirmed. It works now.
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X