New Lag Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lag Problems

For the past week or so, I've been having horrible lag probems. These peoblems are ONLY happening on the TGNS server. Every other NS server performs fine, including other servers hosted at the planet datacenter.

That's a ping graph, from just a few minute ago. Anyone else having this issue?

My Provider is: Comcast Cable North East
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: New Lag Problems

Ive been having huge 35-40 packet Loss spikes like crazy lately (past few weeks) but I put most of that blame on my Schools network. Perhaps some of that can be contributed to the same problem you are having?
    USAR

Comment

My problem isn't that severe, but I too have been experiencing loss and choke spikes. I've heard other regulars complaining of it, also, but not at a rate or consistency that drove me to administrative action. The server itself isn't under the kind of load that would cause this (plus, if it were the server, EVERY player would be complaining).

Google "ping plotter" and run it against the server in the evenings. Share your results (that goes for anyone who would be so kind as to do so).
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I as well have been having spike problems. It isn't too sever but this is pretty much the only server it is happening on. I have also noticed this on NSarmslab servers but I think it was worse there. Perhaps the server needs a restart to fix this lag.

Comment

No lag problems here, but here is a screencap of my pingplot anyways.

http://www.oceanicartwork.com/direct...lgamer.com.png
          Rm 14:2 NIV
          One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I ran ping plotter for about 7 hors overnight. Here's my results. Paranoid, how did you get the packetloss to show up on the image? I know right when I started this, there was alot of packet loss.

Im not sure what this realy means, but it looks to me like there's alot of spikes. (According to the bottom graph anyways)
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

If you click your mouse pointer on an area with a red vertical line on the bottom graph, the route section will update to show you all the hops, times, etc. for that time window. That way, you can determine who's dropping the packets at that moment.

Comment

Thanks. The last IP address IS droping a packet here and there, but I think the majority of my timeouts are coming from the last ip of my ISP.

Comment

The handoff from your ISP (Comcast) to the AT&T backbone is at fault. That hop may be oversaturated, or there may be a temporary routing issue.

It may be useful to contact Comcast Support (if you're lucky enough to get someone who can understand what you're talking about) and present this evidence to them. They are responsible for keeping the connection from their systems to THEIR provider clean and reliable.

Whatever the problem, it's clearly not your system or neighborhood, and it's not TG.

Wait, on 2nd thought...since the dropout is occurring infrequently over time, I would modify that to say the oversaturation at the handoff point is more of a transient thing. It should still work more reliably, though. It would be interesting to see if the dropoffs are occurring more at a certain time of day. For example, more dropoffs between 5pm and 8pm or slightly later might mean a particular area is oversold on their bandwidth since many people fire up their systems when they get home after school/work. Just a thought.

Comment

Well, the past two days have been fine. No timeouts, no teleporting.

Aparently, whatever the problem was has been fixed. I just hope that it doesn't come back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X