X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.1.2 released (no client update)

Change Log

Balance changes
    O Hand grenade damage reduced from 100 to 80.
    O Hand grenade damage reduced from 2x vs. structures to 1x.
    O Gorge healspray now heals Gorge that triggers it as well.
    O Increased Gorge armor from 50 to 70.
    O The shotgun pellets now distribute more evenly.
    O Shotgun has a range of 700.
    Last edited by Eternaly_Lost; 12-02-2005, 08:59 PM.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Re: NS 3.1.2 released (no client update)

woot that is a good change!

umm i like sg's allot!

what was previous range?

do you serve a purpose or do you purposely serve

Comment

Originally posted by Warmonger
      woot that is a good change!

umm i like sg's allot!

what was previous range?
      Currently I beleve that there is no range limit, this was change from 3.0 which had a 500 unit limit I think.

Most likely this is to stop snipeing with the shotgun.

The gorge gets a nice boost in this patch. Gorge rushes more powerful.

Comment

I LIKE these changes.
        USAR

Comment

So now Hgs will only severely damage a skulk, letting you finish it off with a few lmg bullets or a pistol bullet/knife. That's pretty cool.

I love the gorge changes, but am not quite fond of the reinstated shotgun range limit. I'd like it to be 1000 units or so.

Comment

The hive sight is 3000 units, which is to be across a map. So the shotgun can hit a target that is about 1/5 the way accross the map. This seems to be reasonale, a shotgun is a stread close quarter weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhor
              am not quite fond of the reinstated shotgun range limit.
              My guess is that the limit was necessary because the new spread changes made sniping a problem.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

3.1.2 is on the server.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The changes to grenades make me sad.
                  Rm 14:2 NIV
                  One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Not me. They were nice, but a tad overpowered. From one extreme to the other like IS with Deus Ex to DXIW *bah dum-ch*

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
                      O Hand grenade damage reduced from 100 to 80.
                      O Hand grenade damage reduced from 2x vs. structures to 1x.
                      :(

I guess it was inevitable; HGs were a bit much before. They'll still easily be worth 10 res though just for clearing vents and stopping skulk ring-around-the-rosy.

O Gorge healspray now heals Gorge that triggers it as well.
                      O Increased Gorge armor from 50 to 70.
                      :row__689:

Well, that was unexpected. Gorge rushes will be real fun now. One more nail in the coffin for DCs first...

Comment

But look how strong a Carapace Gorge is now! 150/120, thats 390 total health! Add healspraying yourself a few times, and an LMG marine is likely to run out of ammo before he can kill you. :p

Basically gorgies are very happy with this new patch. They get enhanced survivability, and handgrenades dont blow up their buildings as fast anymore. For awhile there, OCs were just about completely useless, because one marine could come in and chuck 2 hand grenades, and its half dead almost instantly for 0 res cost. Now WoLs will be viable again. :)

Comment

There hasn't been a lot of discussion regarding the recent changes and their impact on gameplay in these forums, but there has been an active discussion of the changes on the CAL-NS forums as well as a thread discussing changes that members of the competitive community would like to see made.

I know that the vast majority of you do not read the CAL forums at all for several reasons, so I thought I would share what I think are the most constructive and interesting discussions I've personally seen there, and try to generate more discussion related to the recent gameplay changes in these forums.

Comment

I don't claim to know(or care) about CAL balance, but I really like the new Gorge changes. Finally I can actually stay near the front lines and act as a combat healer when I'm Gorging, rather than sitting fearfully a couple rooms away from the nearest marine and healing people who come back. If they need to be tweaked to nerf gorge rushes or whatever else, so be it, but the self-healing needs to stay in some form. These two changes have made a huge difference in the combat effectiveness of the Gorge, and whether or not they're perfectly balanced, they're a hell of a lot more fun than what we had before. I didn't much like permagorging before because I had to spend half the game running away to a hive for healing if I tried to heal friendlies or bile bomb. Now I can actually stay relatively near the action without being killed as soon as a marine singles me out.

Comment

Many thanks, DON. :)
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X