maps: ones we have or should get

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maps: ones we have or should get

Wyz made a suggestion to see if we want to vote in the maps we currently have IE: orbital....

Vote on maps the server has (to be in the circulation) or get new ones for use on the server.

maps should be :

1. "fair" maybe test the bots with server for 10 to see if only one side always wins. (one sided)

2. You have to play it to vote for it. (Not like "Wow dude mineshaft rocks" and you never played it)

3. It could be possible to "test" the map on server before votes.

4. Be respectful of others opinions of the maps they would like to see.

5. Be serious. ie: do not waste others time with a box for a map. []

all HELPFUL suggestions are welcome. Like a once per month map vote time add/delete

now i know a few of you are asking why the hell is this new guy pushing for maps.

let me tell ya. I really like this server and the people that play on it. Yet same old maps that have been out for years get old. That is my story and I am sticking to it

do you serve a purpose or do you purposely serve

Re: maps: ones we have or should get

Mineshaft Rox! :p

And yes, I have played it, it was great fun back in 2.01. The balance was kinda questionable though, so I could see why some wouldn't want it back.

Comment

My vote goes towards leaving it as it is. There are already plenty of decent maps that never get played. We could use more of them in the rotation though, like orbital.

If there's one map this server needs to be on the votemap list though, it's ns_siege007 ;)

Comment

Dead serious when I say I think a few siege maps would be nice. It's like combat, but without as much suck. It can be fun in big/small games with/out bots. Obviously, not in the rotation. Mineshaft wasn't that bad. To be honest, I've forgotten a lot of the good custom maps, it's been so long. Whatever happened to putting some 1.04 maps on the server? Didn't someone have that idea a while ago? I'm all for ns_eclipse104.

Comment

sounds good to get a siege map for vote and orbital in circulation

i liked an old one hat was like mineshaft but in a co style....about 1.5 years ago but i will try to find it....it had a mine cart too anyone remeber tha one?

i have 2 i would like to test warzone and overlord...but i can't host them to test them

Comment

Guys, I hear the call of the seige siren just like you do, but I just can't escape the fact that the map is SO ... "fraggy," despite the fact that, yeah, it has an objective. I'm not saying it is "deathmatch only," but I am saying that it's close enough to that that I don't mind asking you to go alone (or with group visits) elsewhere to get your seige fix.

If you want to make a really compelling argument regarding seige, you can PM me. You might show me the light. We're done discussing seige here.

The maps we have now (already in rotation), which aren't played often, need to be played more often. I'll change the mapcycle so that they are.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ml?mode=hybrid

How about we try ns_takeback, from the screenshots ive seen it looks like a "real" map(not like a stupid fall from the sky map). Iv'e never played it on the server.

Siege maps are the bane of ns, they require little tatics, skill, or teamwork. The maps are bland and the rooms are huge, while they can be fun for just goofing around I would say a siege map is 10 times worse than any combat map.

Comment

this voting would be for a map ....to be in circulation too...i say no for siege

Comment

The only siege map I could reccomend would be ns_siege_generator. Prettiest Siege map in teh world!
                  "Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidibly armed." -Richard Cypher

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble guys, but as a SM and an Admin, I will continuously bitch, moan and throw a tantrum the minute Wyz decides to put a siege map on the server. Id rather eat my own liver out with a spoon. And I hate liver.
                    USAR

Comment

How about we try playing maps like Eon and Altair instead of bitching when they come on and switching the map to Tanith?

Comment

I've changed up the mapcycle to include more maps. That is, I've changed the numbers so that some maps previously reserved only for a full server now play with 8v7, 7v7, etc. I did that sometime this weekend, and already I've noticed the change of maps.

Continue to provide feedback.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yeah! thx man i like orbital I need to play it more for strats...but it is on with out needing a vote!

THX

i have some maps i am checking out maybe we can make a "TEST day of the week or month

IE.: Mondays are test nights.....7:00 EST or something like that.... or the 15th of every month

then make a post of the little"event" to comment on the maps/strats/dislikes/likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                            How about we try playing maps like Eon and Altair instead of bitching when they come on and switching the map to Tanith?
                            The man speaks the truth.
                            -Zephyr
                            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                            We are not a single game.
                            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Mineshaft is fun! And I've always enjoyed Eon and Altair. Altair a little less but hey, it's not a pain to play on or something. Also, we could try prometheus.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X