Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [VIDEO] Tip of the Day

    Watch entrances while you build. :)

  • #2
    ho ho

    The silver lining on my over and over getting to hear people say "that's bull****" when they could have been concentrating on their own improvement opportunities is that.... it reminds me to focus on my (seemingly endless) improvement opportunities instead of saying "that's bull****" as often as I hear others say it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

    Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

    Comment


    • #3
      Dat doorway block at the end :'(
      HaX^

      Comment


      • #4
        I remember this game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          ho ho

          The silver lining on my over and over getting to hear people say "that's bull****" when they could have been concentrating on their own improvement opportunities is that.... it reminds me to focus on my (seemingly endless) improvement opportunities instead of saying "that's bull****" as often as I hear others say it.
          Haha, well I can't blame any of those marines for complaining. They were holding on by a thread at that point in the game. I would've been exasperated too in their shoes. I definitely agree that they should have noticed their mistake not watching entrances while they built. Another mistake is focusing solely on building the obs instead of welding the PG and responding to threats. Building something while aliens are right next to you biting your teammates is a bad idea unless it's an urgent structure, which the obs wasn't in this case. Maybe they noticed their mistakes, maybe they didn't. Maybe it will take tens or hundreds of more situations like this for players to notice they need to change a habit. Improving oneself is crucial in the long run for more balanced games, but I don't necessarily agree that complaining means they didn't notice their mistake, hopefully remembering not to do it again. Some players are introspective while others are more vocally expressive during a game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nominous View Post
            Haha, well I can't blame any of those marines for complaining. They were holding on by a thread at that point in the game. I would've been exasperated too in their shoes. I definitely agree that they should have noticed their mistake not watching entrances while they built. Another mistake is focusing solely on building the obs instead of welding the PG and responding to threats. Building something while aliens are right next to you biting your teammates is a bad idea unless it's an urgent structure, which the obs wasn't in this case. Maybe they noticed their mistakes, maybe they didn't. Maybe it will take tens or hundreds of more situations like this for players to notice they need to change a habit. Improving oneself is crucial in the long run for more balanced games, but I don't necessarily agree that complaining means they didn't notice their mistake, hopefully remembering not to do it again. Some players are introspective while others are more vocally expressive during a game.
            Even though often make comments when I die, I almost never say that it was "bull****" because it is usually because I messed up. I will say things like "aww... man" (or in this case "oh my god") because I wish things had gone better, not that I was robbed by the game or something. The cries are more like "Oh why didn't check that corner" and less "Oh the game is stupid because I died", but I get that some people can get annoyed with these comments because they can be distracting. That being said, I personally think that (in moderation) the cries of teammate anguish add character to the game.

            I like how I responded quickly to Nom but couldn't aim due to what I think looks like panic. I should have been watching out, but I remember that it seemed like Shifter was annoyed that we didn't have an obs up so I tried to help build.

            "Why did we have to build that and not shoot things"
            Last edited by OrigamiPaper; 10-03-2016, 08:56 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OrigamiPaper View Post

              Even though often make comments when I die, I almost never say that it was "bull****" because it is usually because I messed up. I will say things like "aww... man" (or in this case "oh my god") because I wish things had gone better, not that I was robbed by the game or something. The cries are more like "Oh why didn't check that corner" and less "Oh the game is stupid because I died", but I get that some people can get annoyed with these comments because they can be distracting. That being said, I personally think that (in moderation) the cries of teammate anguish adds character to the game.

              I like how I responded quickly to Nom but couldn't aim due to what I think looks like panic. I should have been watching out, but I remember that it seemed like Shifter was annoyed that we didn't have an obs up so I tried to help build.

              "Why did we have to build that and not shoot things"
              Same here Ori, I say things like "aww" and curse every once in a while. I used to say hardly anything in the past due to my introversion. I think it adds atmosphere to the game in moderation too. The game would not be as fun if we did everything perfectly and silently. It might as well be a pure RTS game between two commanders then.

              You were indeed the first responder and you noticed your team's mistake quickly. At least you tried to strafe juke while you built. I saw that and went for your distracted teammates instead. I would have had a hard time aiming in that situation too. Trying to aim at a biting, juking skulk right after building can be strangely difficult to do, most likely because I wasn't ready for it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Right. And what you guys are talking about isn't habitual, too. I was more referring to the "that's bull****" aggregate concert from so many players, not any one player. We don't want anyone who vents in a way that lacks intel entirely every other time they die. Once I see that pattern in a regular, I tend to bring moderation adminstratively.

                I so enjoy watching games, beyond the obvious entertainment value. because my brain is in a different place, and there are learning opportunities that come differently than when you're playing.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

                Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

                Comment

                Connect

                Collapse

                TeamSpeak 3 Server

                Collapse

                Advertisement

                Collapse

                Twitter Feed

                Collapse

                Working...
                X