No announcement yet.

Interesting/Amusing Replay Moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL I've never gotten inside a res node quite like that. Does it not interfere with dropping the node if you are standing dead center like that?

Comment

The node will drop reliably, but you can get stuck in/on/to the RT as the Marine. And of course it's nothing any opponent should have to put up with regularly. That's a fun viewing, but it's not something we'd want any Marine doing regularly.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I had been thinking about the possibility of some regarding this as an "exploitation". But I believe anyone carefully watching that video will notice that one of the bites actually landed on me before I even moved out of the RT. That skulk was not attentive enough to notice that my back was sticking out of the structure; what he should have initially done is something as easy as a quick circle around the RT and look for any protruding body part. Not to mention that he was not skillful enough to exploit the excellent opportunity presented to him as soon as I started moving. Besides, most of my attempts at hiding inside RTs are unsuccessful. That one was surprisingly ideal.

I'm inclined to see this as an actual exploitation, not of a glitch however, but rather of poor Alien skills. It is fair, certainly much more so than having to deal with, say, an Observatory intentionally placed three quarters inside a wall and awkwardly blocked by a Robo Fac.

Comment

Save that tunnel Mr.Drifter

Get that beacon kill.... oh... RUN!

Comment

BECOME the clog...

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

when Bobby effortlessly insta-parasites you and then tosses you OVER the Hub crate so his teammate can slow you down while he gets a few more comfortable chomps in on the phase gate before eventually returning right back to then just kill you like he could have originally if he had wanted to...

get rekt wyz lol

Comment

Alien cheese

Marine cheese

I can't believe these both worked.

Comment

Wyz mines. Watch and learn.

Comment

I noticed a little red hive icon in Nyon's recording here (showing the generator hive): http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/Replay/W...n5Vo8&t=18m50s

At an earlier point in that game when Marines were assaulting the sewer hive, an icon appeared at that one too, the moment the hive got scanned, or maybe the moment Nyon saw the hive. Where does that icon come from though? Is that part of NS2+?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian_NS2 View Post
                      Where does that icon come from though? Is that part of NS2+?
                      I just did a bunch of testing to see what causes this (as I previously assumed everyone had it) and turns out it is actually part of the base game. In the options menu under General there is a "Show Hints" option, and if you have it on it shows you that red icon of the other team's Hive/Command Station as long as it has been revealed by your team at some point (though I did find that if Aliens have a Shade covering the Hive, the icon will disappear until the Hive is revealed again through a scan or being shot).

Comment

• Hmm. I'm going to try that and see just how much other nonsense it makes me deal with :)

Comment

• Wyz's team building exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyon View Post
                            Thanks to this thread we can look back and smile at the day Wyz got a 6.0 KDR.

Comment

• When killing an Onos is apparently easier than killing a Skulk for two jetpackers in build 316. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X