New Alien Meta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alien Meta

When I command aliens I typically try to go for 2 upgrade chambers and 2 rt's first thing. I know others on TGNS do this also. I have been speaking to some high level commanders recently who have told me this is a weak strategy. It is stronger to instead put crags by your RT's instead of getting upgrades. The crags give aliens the time to respond to the harvester so it can be saved, aides in combat around the harvester, and marines might kill the crag before the harvester saving you res in the long run. This does not mean you don't get upgrades. It just means you don't get upgrades as soon.

Thoughts?

I was eventually disappointed with early crags on naturals, but I need to try again.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The crags will also give your skulks more life if utilized properly, and will prevent the need to return to the hive/gorge for heals. It's a poor-man's rejuvination. I can see some merit to this.

Comment

Wyzcrak, I also used to go with early crags and stopped at some point. I don't really remember why.

Does your memory give you any clues as to why you became disappointed?

Comment

Somewhat related: remember when up to three crags could stack?

Comment

They still can stack, there is just a soft heal cap. So if you placed 3 crags they would all heal each other, just not as much as they used to.

Lesser related: Do you remember when crags has no limit to healing or stacking. I would fill entire hive rooms with crags. Not only did it take an entire marine team to kill a single crag, their FPS dropped to unbearable levels making them easier to kill.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X