Captains Night 10/14 - 8PM Central

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night 10/14 - 8PM Central

Anyone familiar with our rules is welcome to join us tonight at 8:00PM Central for a curated, password-protected event (I'll post the password in another post below just before 8:00PM Central). Here is a rundown of the event:

Fellowship:
    Throughout all of Captains Night, use the player name by which TGNS regulars best know you. Captains Night is a special time to come together with known regulars and friends.

Playing BOTH Rounds:
    Don't play unless you can reliably stay for the entire map (mid-map emergency? tell your team and bail. dinner and/or friends showing up does not an emergency make).

This expectation is important to participants, and admins protect it.

Taking a Break:
    Each map begins with a short, announced break for food, bathroom, and fellowship. Except for these breaks, don't AFK during the event.

After each break, the Captains are identified for the current map.

Becoming a Captain:
    TGNS regulars known to participants are invited to Captain and personalize team selections on Captains Night. The first player to volunteer as Captain selects his opponent Captain. This opponent selection should prioritize gameplay quality, but the team-picking selections should absolutely prioritize competitive strength.

Opting In:
    Player opt-ins open up once both Captains are ready. If you miss the opt-in window for a given map, speak up and we'll get you playing on the next map for sure (if not immediately).

Selecting Teams:
    As team selections begin, listen for instruction. Only Captains speak during team selection -- text chat is always available to everyone (and, of course, voicecomm opens up to all players once teams are formed).

Gameplay:
    Captains Night is everyone's curated opportunity to apply our most satisfying teamwork, communicative tactics, and great fellowship. Try your hardest, but have fun together!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

This week's changes:

) added ns2_trash to the game server

) early game open lane warnings are still WIP -- would still love feedback; these are designed to heighten early game lane awareness, not obsolesce it

) games force start more often now

) the "Hive Profile" scoreboard menu option is gone (temporarily?) while UWE works out how they'll publicly disclose Hive Skill values

) AFK is enforced for spectators when Spectate is crowded (and admins are less likely to force you to spectate)

) spectators now see "AC" and "MC" prefixes in the yellow voice chat bars of commanders

) Primer signers now have a bit more pre-game AFK leniency

) UWE's new "Poor Server Performance" HUD icon will only ever display during gameplay, as the server does costly backend data gathering/persistence when no game is in progress

) Pumpkins and candy!

) Players can now view their Karma and Laps data from their own scoreboard menu

) last week's changes (in case you missed them)

And that's not all, so check out the rest of the TGNS Forums to learn what else is happening!

Thanks for playing here, everyone! :)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

( oh, and folks will be forced to Spectate right before we're allowed to opt-in tonight -- this will result in AFK folks remaining in Spectate, while everyone else who wants to opt-in and play will first return to Ready Room, ready for the event )

Comment

Password: tgns62

steam://run/4920//+connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27015 +password tgns62

Don't share the password directly. Share the thread URL.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X