Ready Room Sprays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready Room Sprays

Some of you from our NS1 days might remember our Readyroom Sprites -- TGNS regulars bound permanent images to our Readyroom walls, adding personality and a bit of flair to our server. It was a lot of fun!

I've adapted some of Brute's Rave mod code to bring Ready Room Sprays to TGNS in the hopes that our NS2 Ready Rooms can come anew into some of that same, fun creativity.
    TGNS Logo Spray
    TGNS Logo -- use your Reload bind in the Ready Room

Spray a TGNS logo using your Reload key in the Ready Room. Any Primer signer can spray a TGNS logo. Sprays applied with the Reload key are temporary, but Supporting Members have two additional options.

First of all, SMs can create a CAA thread to provide a personalized image (128x128 PNG), which they can then spray with the same Reload key.

More compelling, SMs can optionally chat "keep" after spraying their personalized image in the Ready Room. The server will remember its position and display it just where you left it, even when you're not around (it disappears in a few months if you don't move it). Wanna move it? Spray and chat "keep" again. Anytime you "keep" a spray, any spray you've kept in the past (in any Ready Room) is forgotten. SMs may "keep" a spray anytime.
    Personalized Spray (SMs only)
    Personalized Spray (SMs only)

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Aww yiss :)
    HaX^

Comment

HaX^ I was temped to use our picture as a spray

Comment

What colour is the alpha channel? Trying to get mine sorted out now.

EDIT: Never mind, PNG has a proper alpha-channel. Shows you how much graphics work I do! =P

Comment

So does the "keep" only keep one on one map, or can you have one on multiple maps?

Comment

The former.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
            Anytime you "keep" a spray, any spray you've kept in the past (in any Ready Room) is forgotten.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Some feedback:

- It seems even 100% opaque images still show up somewhat transparent, which makes them hard to see under harder lighting. This might be a part of the spray code itself? There's a couple sprays on ns2_veil to inspect if needed.

- My spray wants to spray horizontally now (where it was vertical before) when facing directly at a wall or floor. This makes it difficult to orientate as one would expect.

- For my spray I created an alpha channel which made the white transparent areas disappear so it shows up as expected now. I recommend others (if they create their own .dds) to use no compression on it.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Bump for visibility.

Comment

This is for Questionable Owl

Attached Files

Comment

Here's one for me
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bobby Wasabi Create a CAA thread with any personalized images you want to use.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      SMs can create a CAA thread to provide a personalized image

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X