prioritized kicking when server is full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prioritized kicking when server is full

just to note, the prioritesed kicking when server is full does not seem to work correctly.

I noticed this several times, my understanding that guys with question marks get kicked first if the server is full and a member joins, and in my previous 2 or 3 times that I got kicked I noticed the guys with ? did not get kicked, and I know they are not supporting members.

Ps. how many points do i need to have to initiate vote kick:row__523: command?

thanks fellas

Re: prioritized kicking when server is full

You do not get the ability to do a vote_kick, as you've described. At 5000 points, you can use the "gb" command on unregistered players:
    gb name reason
    Which will kick that unregistered player off the server.
    USAR

Comment

ok gotcha.

wat about the when server is full who does it kick first? I thought it was players with question marks next to their name, (eg, not registered).

I noticed several times I got kicked when players with question marks were still on the server.

Comment

longest non supporting member that has been on the server gets kicked
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
          longest non supporting member that has been on the server gets kicked
          Negative, Drizzid. This is NS, not BF2. :P But kudos to venturing out. :D

What SHOULD happen is shortest non-reserved player (which would be any ? player, and everyone past the three Forum-reg'd non-SMs), then non-SMs with reservation (again, shortest to longest).
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

You need 10,000 points to use the GB command.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
              You need 10,000 points to use the GB command.
              Hmm, we've got conflicting information on the wiki, let me corner wyz and ask him.
              USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                Hmm, we've got conflicting information on the wiki, let me corner wyz and ask him.
                Are you sure we do? According to this wiki page, it's 5,000 points for a pseudo-reserved slot and 10,000 for access to gb.
                Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/TGNS_Rules

At the top, it says 5000 points can use the GB command. If this is a typo, then I need to correct it (as I assume it may be).

-edit-
                  Well, it was pokerface who added that info, Ill see him about a horse.
                  USAR

Comment

The slot logic is damn intense. I cross my fingers and type slowly every time I venture to modify it.

Bottom line: Turb (or anyone else), PM me a COMPLETE LIST of the playernames on the server anyone you're bumped when you think you shouldn't have been. I'll try to figure out what happened.

Oh, and in case there's confusion: 'gb' isn't to be used to manage reserved slots. It's used to remove problem players. I'm not saying anyone was suggesting otherwise... I just don't want any confusion as 'gb' is mentioned in a thread whose title talks about a full server.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ok, its official. Ive been lying to all of you guys. Its 10,000 points to use the GB command, the wiki has been fixed.
                      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        The slot logic is damn intense. I cross my fingers and type slowly every time I venture to modify it.
                        Well, I've been crossing my fingers and typing slowly for the last hour or so. :/

I could go into the details, but here's what matters:

There has been and is a limit of 3 unregistered players who are candidates for being bumped from the full server by non-SMs w/ 5000 points.

Effective today, however, any player with bad rates ("!" next to his name) is now also a candidate for being bumped from the full server by non-SMs w/ 5000 points. These players are not bound to the "3" limit. The number at the end of the hostname will reflect this. Sometimes the number will still be below 3, but you're likely to see it higher than that if several players have bad rates.

It might take me a bit to get this right, so, if the bump logic doesn't work quite right, please provide as much information here as you can, and thank you for your patience.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

There has been and is a limit of 3 unregistered players who are candidates for being bumped from the full server by non-SMs w/ 5000 points.
                          I'm not sure I follow. Does this mean if a full game started with 5 unregestered people, and 5 members with 5000 points each attempt to join, only the first three will get in, and then when a supporting member joins, it doesn't always first kick an unregistered person?

Comment

The server only "reserves" three slots for non-SM, registered players with 5000 points. These slots are automatically filled any time a non-SM, registered player with 5000 points is on the server.

If, given all of the registered players on the server, fewer than three of them have 5000 points, then any unregistered player can be bumped by a non-SM, registered player with 5000 points if the server fills.

Once three non-SM, registered players with 5000 points are on the server, all remaining unregistered players are protected from non-SMs of any kind. Only SMs can bump them at that point (though the server looks to these unregistered players first when deciding who to bump when an SM joins).

The new addition, today, is that, regardless of ALLLLLL of the above, players with bad rates are ALWAYS candidates to be bumped by non-SM, registered players with 5000 points when the server fills. Always.

The new exception is that ANY slot filled by a player with bad rates is now available to non-SM, registered players with 5000 points.

Given each scenario below:
                            Code:
                            unreg | badrates | number at the end of the hostname
                               5       4              7
                               5       3              6
                               5       2              5
                               4       2              5
                               3       2              5
                               2       2              4
                               1       2              3
                               0       5              5
                            To determine the number at the end of the hostname in each scenario, you can consider only three of the first column and ALL of the second column (the second column is new as of today).

I know it's hard to grasp. It's difficult to explain. It was a bitch to code.

Let me know what questions you have, and let's hope I've gotten both the code and the explanation right. If you learn of errors in either, please let me know.

Comment

The server only "reserves" three slots for non-SM, registered players with 5000 points. These slots are automatically filled any time a non-SM, registered player with 5000 points is on the server.

If, given all of the registered players on the server, fewer than three of them have 5000 points, then any unregistered player can be bumped by a non-SM, registered player with 5000 points if the server fills.

Once three non-SM, registered players with 5000 points are on the server, all remaining unregistered players are protected from non-SMs of any kind. Only SMs can bump them at that point (though the server looks to these unregistered players first when deciding who to bump when an SM joins).

The new addition, today, is that, regardless of ALLLLLL of the above, players with bad rates are ALWAYS candidates to be bumped by non-SM, registered players with 5000 points when the server fills. Always.

The new exception is that ANY slot filled by a player with bad rates is now available to non-SM, registered players with 5000 points.

Given each scenario below:
                              Code:
                              unreg | badrates | number at the end of the hostname
                                 5       4              7
                                 5       3              6
                                 5       2              5
                                 4       2              5
                                 3       2              5
                                 2       2              4
                                 1       2              3
                                 0       5              5
                              To determine the number at the end of the hostname in each scenario, you can consider only three of the first column and ALL of the second column (the second column is new as of today).

I know it's hard to grasp. It's difficult to explain. It was a bitch to code.

Let me know what questions you have, and let's hope I've gotten both the code and the explanation right. If you learn of errors in either, please let me know.
                              :icon_eek:

I like the addition of people with bad rates, nice work. Should the wiki be updated with this most up to date info so people can be directed towards how it all works?
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X