Karma Gains and Losses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma Gains and Losses

On the attached screenshot, you can see my karma gains and losses over the last few days.

I started with 34, and today I'm down to 32. I haven't played for the night, so I should have a gain at the end of the day, but this system basically requires that I play every day to maintain enough karma to be able to get that reserved slot.

I'm all for the karma system. In fact, I'm all for it being the way it is, but I feel like it's missing something in the form of gains. I should be able to overcome the loss by something more easily available to me than time.

Say, for instance, I have to take a week off sick. I'm going to lose my reserved slot, and then I have to basically be in the server every day for a week to get it back.

I thought about allowing players who are spectating to buy (if you will) karma with their spectate points. Wyz didn't seem very for this, but I think it's not a bad idea if we tweak the system.

Another idea I've had is a passive gain for being a guardian. I think it falls to the wayside that I am signed up to be an admin for TGNS at any given time. This is rarely called on, but I'm saying with my guardianship that you can reach out to me and if I'm here, I will come help. Maybe we could add a positive karma gain for guardians for that contribution.

Personally, I think I should gain 40 karma each time arclight is played. Jus' sayin'. :P

What do you guys think?

[edit]Apparently TGNS decided my 1080p image should only be like 200x100. Sorry for that. Long story short, I started the week at like 34 karma and I've played several games and voted and spectated and captains and etc... and tonight before I play I'm at 32 karma.
    Attached Files
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

You've still got a reserved slot as a Primer signer. The Karma is only necessary to use your Primer slot during games. You can still bump Strangers between games without any dependency on Karma.

You already earn Karma just by specbetting.

I regularly forego opportunities to give Guardians fringe benefits, as I don't want any distractions from the selflessness of serving.

Consider contributing to Replay. You get Karma every time you add a camera.

Approve folks more often. That earns you Karma.

Volunteer to be a Captain during the week. Captains games give more Karma, and /being/ the Captain gives even more Karma.

I'm pretty satisfied with your Karma gains/losses. Playing on the game server shouldn't quite be enough to bump folks mid-game. Regular contributions beyond that are the goal.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That's fair enough.

I wasn't aware that specbetting gave me karma, among a few other things.

I'll play more and see what I come up with. :)

Thanks.
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...