[Request] Creepier Atmosphere Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Request] Creepier Atmosphere Mod

I don't know if it's just me, but I've always thought that NS2 is lacking in terms of creepiness. The game's atmosphere is too bright which IMHO does not suit an aliens-vs-humans-themed game. In other words, it makes the game slightly less fun and challenging, especially when it comes to fighting/creeping in areas where power is down and where it should be very dark. I think this mod will address this particular shortcoming and add a nice little touch to the game (including infested mode, assuming it works on that too):

I hope to add this to Infested sometime next week. If the mod prevents scope creep, I'll consider it for normal play (I'm pessimistic there due to its severe influence on visibility).

The visual effect is beautiful.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Maybe require everyone to play with "Rich Infestation" on? Otherwise it is a distinct advantage without.

Comment

I'm already sucky enough on Marines as it is. I'd prefer not to make things arbitrarily darker and add clogs that don't actually stop bullets to the visual disadvantage I have.

Comment

I already do not play with Rich Infestation on because it tends to hide cysts and "craigs" at times. I can see it being fun on infest.

That being said the Atmosphere Mod that is on the server already pushes away some newer players because it's different from stock game play and that mod is only subtle changes.

Comment

TGNS hasn't had the Atmospheric Territories mod since October. A Halloween patch to NS2 simultaneously broke the AT mod and changed the stock lighting such that it's better aligned with what we liked in Atmospheric Territories. When I removed AT, I invited its author to fix its errors so that we can evaluate it for future consumption.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Infested threw errors when Creepier Atmosphere was loaded alongside it in my dev environment, and I don't care to pioneer that conflict's resolution. Without evaluating Creepier Atmosphere during Infested play, I don't care to pioneer its inclusion in our normal play. So, I'm presently at a serverop standstill with Creepier Atmosphere, and I'd implore any continued champion of its TGNS inclusion to seek assurances from its author that it coexists well with Infested. If someone can bring me that, I'd love to continue.

Comment

I've just left a comment on the mod's page. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

The author has now assured that the mod no longer conflicts with Infested mode, though he has reminded me that it won't have substantial impact on gameplay since Infested maps have power on almost always.

Comment

Honestly I feel making it darker constantly would be bad for normal play. However I do like the increased bioluminescence on aliens structures and emergency lighting is dark enough to make that pop while still being playable for marines.
                    Would it be possible to get that bit of the mod into normal games?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X